PIP ASSESSMENT. What will I be asked? Could they make me go to an assessment for further tests?

Options
Taylornoreen63
Taylornoreen63 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
edited July 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I have a pip assessment on Monday It is a phone call assessment what will I be asked, 
as I suffer from anxiety and depression I am really worried I also have  osteoarthritis  In both my Knees and through some parts of my body I find it so difficult to sleep at night because of all the pain I'm having I have a bakers cyst growing on the back of my left knee this is preventing me from going out as I find it hard to walk can the make me go for an assessment for further test do I have the right to refuse because of my anxiety and panic attacks .

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,202 Championing
    Options
    Hi again @Taylornoreen63 - your phone assessment will go through answers that you gave in your PIP claim form. If you've kept a copy of this, then have a read through it beforehand. You may also be asked a little about your medical history & medication.
    You may also be asked about your accommodation, whether you have a pet, & whether you drive. Then questions will be about daytime activities regarding those looked at with PIP, & your mobility. Try & give detailed examples as to the difficulty you face with these, & remember it's how you are the majority of days. If you can't do an activity 'reliably' say so, i.e. if you can't do it safely, to an acceptable standard, repeat as often as would normally be acceptable, or if it takes you longer than someone without your disabilities.
    Take your time, & if you don't understand a question say so.
    You won't be asked to go for another assessment after this with regard to this claim, so please don't worry.
    Make sure you have your phone fully charged & a drink of water nearby. You can do this, & good luck. :)
  • Taylornoreen63
    Options
    Thank you , I don't have a copy of what I wrote ,but I know what I told them is to be the truth 
    Regards 
    Noreen 

• chiarieds
    Options
    You're most welcome. I'm sure you completed your form absolutely truthfully, but if you didn't give a couple of recent, detailed examples as to the difficulties you face, then mention this during your assessment. So say when did you have the difficulty, what exactly happened, why, did anyone see this, & were there any consequences to attempting or doing any of the activities that apply to yourself.
    You have my every sympathy as I have generalised osteoarthrosis, my knees being the worst, I also have a large Baker's cyst behind my right knee. Kindly let us know how you get on.
  • Taylornoreen63
    Options
    Thank you so much for your kind words as you know how painful the osteoarthritis and having the Bakers cyst can be
    And you understand as you yourself are going through the same ,I will definitely let you know after my assessment.
  • Taylornoreen63
    Options
    I had my pip assessment yesterday the lady spoke to me slowly so I can understand her I thought that I would only be for half hr it was much longer than that nearly 2 & a half hrs  she said at the end It will be about 10 weeks before I hear anything back Why so long .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,297 Championing
    Options
     she said at the end It will be about 10 weeks before I hear anything back Why so long .

It's actually anything up to 12 weeks, sometimes longer. It's because there's backlogs, which cause delays.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Championing
    Options
    How did you find it @Taylornoreen63? Please do let us know how you get on :) Fingers crossed you won't have to wait too long for the decision, though it can take a little while unfortunately. 

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• Taylornoreen63
    Options
    I found It ok the lady that did mine was very nice she spoke slowly so I could understand the questions and if I didn't hear her she would repeat the question,  I didn't think it would be that long nearly 2 and a half hrs 
    Tori-scope
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Pleased your assessment went well & hope you can relax & try & put it out of your mind for now. Thank you for saying how it went.