Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Mandatory Reconsideration

Options
Lawny
Lawny Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi all, 
Last week I was awarded 2 points for my PIP claim. To be honest this really knocked me for 6 and I had a meltdown and did a telephone application for MR. 
After reading all the helpful advice on this forum I have today rang again and asked them to note that I will be sending more evidence. I have also asked for a copy of the assessors report (there are blinding errors in the DMs comments)
Last week I felt like the world had ended but feel a little bit empowered now, all thanks to this forum. 
On top of all this I lost my Mum in May and the grief has just hit me. I am calling the doctors today as I am averaging 3 hours sleep a night. 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,508 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lawny :) 

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get the outcome you might have hoped for at this stage. I'm glad that you now feel empowered to challenge this decision. We'll be here for you every step of the way. 
    I have also asked for a copy of the assessors report (there are blinding errors in the DMs comments)
    I'd just note that we often hear from people who explain they found it better to find ways to strengthen their own evidence, rather than point out inaccuracies in the assessor's report alone. Does that make sense? 
    On top of all this I lost my Mum in May and the grief has just hit me. I am calling the doctors today as I am averaging 3 hours sleep a night. 
    I'm sorry for your loss. Grief can take a while to hit, and you might find yourself fluctuating a bit in terms of how you're feeling. I hope you manage to get through to your doctor today, and that they're able to help you find ways to manage your grief, and get more sleep. You may also want to consider getting in touch with Cruse, a bereavement support charity.

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• Lawny
    Lawny Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    @Tori_Scope thanks for that. I have learnt a lot from this forum, I won’t be ‘slating’ this report it’ll be interesting to find out why the DM is under the impression that I do not take medication for my condition (I listed them) and why they think I am not receiving additonal support from a mental health team (I added this and discussed the treatment with the assessor). Also just giving more comprehensive real world examples. 
    Thanks for the advice re bereavement too, I am awaiting a call back from the on call doctor.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,924 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Not taking medication or receiving any additional support is a classic copy and paste. Try not to focus too much on the decision letter or the assessment report because none of those will get you a PIP award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,508 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No problem @Lawny :) 

How are you feeling about the prospect of gathering some comprehensive real world examples?

Let us know how you get on with the doctor, and with putting together your MR! 

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.