Hi, my name is boobeelums! I find it hard to get shopping for myself — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is boobeelums! I find it hard to get shopping for myself

Options
boobeelums
boobeelums Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited July 2022 in Start here and say hello!
Hi I am looking to get cheap food for myself I find it hard to get shopping for myself I am willing to pay a small fee for my shopping. 
Thank Joan .

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @boobeelums :) Thanks for joining!

We have a page on our website about getting help with shopping, as well as accessing free food and food banks. Perhaps you could give those a read, and let us know whether you've found them helpful? 

Would you feel comfortable sharing what it is about shopping for yourself that you find difficult? For example, is it the cost, the travel, writing a list, etc.?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • boobeelums
    Options
    I am finding it hard to get food as I'm disabled I wanted yo know if I could get good for a small fee I am òn disability and just need help ti get food cheaper then the shops as I'm finding it hard yo pay the prices at the supermarket. 

Thank You Joan.
  • boobeelums
    Options
    Thank you for sending your website. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,833 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think a lot of people are feeling the same way right now. I'm not aware of anywhere, that you can buy food "for a small fee"
    Sometimes places like B&M, home bargains, heron food and farms foods often have things that are cheaper than local supermarkets. Do you have any of these near you?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,752 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There are a small number of community food suppliers.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• boobeelums
    Options
    Could you tell me what to do because I have know idea Thans Joan .
  • poppy123456
    Options
    There’s some information here regarding community food suppliers. https://communitygrocery.org.uk/ You can check to see if that’s available in your area.
    Theres also food banks. See link https://www.trusselltrust.org/get-help/find-a-foodbank/
  • emancherry33
    emancherry33 Community member Posts: 3,640 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi boobeelums have you tried going to Aldi they do a box of mix vegetables for a pound or 2, there is the option of  going to Tesco when they do their final reductions between 8 _ 9pm some of the other big store variety in times in the evening and of course there is the Sunday reductions usually between 2- 3.30 pm. Ever heard of the community fridge should be one round your way they are in most towns can be handy..
  • boobeelums
    Options
    Thank you do much emancherry33 very helpful 

I will try it out with my carer. 

Thank you Boobeelums.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,698 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    community pantries might be a good idea if there's some near you. There's also things like Olio but it means travelling to get food which isn't helpful with fuel prices
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'd second apps like Olio and TooGoodToGo @boobeelums :) As biblioklept has said, you do sometimes have to travel to pick stuff up, but there may be some quite close to where you live. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • boobeelums
    Options
    Thank you great help .
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @boobeelums. It is the very least you deserve. If we can do anything else to help you, please don't hesitate to let us know. We are all here for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.