LCWRA

Ftj7860
Ftj7860 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello please am looking for some advise I’ve passed my assessment for Limited capability for work and work related activities. I first handed in sick note on the 22nd December 2021 which covered me up on till 01/02/2022 after that I had not been able to see my doctor and I couldn’t provide any sick notes. I had my Assessment on the 09/06/2022 and on the 25th was told that I have passed. I asked about backdated payment but they say I am not owed anything however I have managed to speak with my doctor and the doctor has provided me with the backdated sick note which covers me from 01/02/2022 to 09/06/2022 when I passed my assessment. I have made entries on my journal asking them to look at my questions and also my fit note the backdated one. Can anyone here tell me will I be able to claim the backdated payments or they won’t give it because I didn’t provide them with any sick notes when my first one expired 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,005 Championing
    Because you did not provide Fit Notes at the time it is unlikely they will backdate the LCWRA element. Have they said when they will start to pay it from?
  • Ftj7860
    calcotti said:
    Because you did not provide Fit Notes at the time it is unlikely they will backdate the LCWRA element. Have they said when they will start to pay it from?
    No they have not mentioned anything like that I don’t even know when I should expect to get paid and how much. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,584 Championing
    As no fit notes were provided they will likely start the waiting period from the assessment period in which the decision was made. The waiting period is 3 full months and the extra money is paid from the 4th month. All you can do is put a message onto your journal under the payment section and ask them when the extra money starts from.
  • Ftj7860
    As no fit notes were provided they will likely start the waiting period from the assessment period in which the decision was made. The waiting period is 3 full months and the extra money is paid from the 4th month. All you can do is put a message onto your journal under the payment section and ask them when the extra money starts from.
    No my first fit note was provided on the 21/12/2022 which expired in February 2022 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,584 Championing
    But no fit notes were provided after Feb and the rules are that you need to provide them without any gaps. It will be down to a decision maker to decide.