Pip award review

owilly
owilly Community member Posts: 11 Connected
Hi all,

would just like to know if anyone is in the same boat as me. 

I received an AR form in June 2021 I filled it out and sent it by July 14th, when it was supposed to be back. 

I put on the form that I was in the mental health hospital for a month. When I call pip to find out what was taking so long, they said that it was a change of circumstance and that I would need a health assessment. 

14th of July 2022 will make it 1 year and am still waiting to hear back from pip 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,444 Championing
    edited July 2022
    Some people are waiting this long yes, it's because of the backlogs and in some areas they seem to be worse than others.
    Most people have assessments, whether it's new claim, review or change of circumstances.
  • owilly
    edited July 2022
    Some people are waiting this long yes, it's because of the backlogs and in some areas they seem to be worse than others.
    Most people have assessments, whether it's new claim, review or change of circumstances.
    I thought because I put that I was in hospital it was changed to change of circumstances. Normally when I fill the form out nothing has changed and they review and make a decision without assessment. 
  • poppy123456
    That wouldn't have been a change of circumstances. It's rare to have a paper based assessment. Most people have assessments, which are either by telephone, face to face at an assessment centre or video call.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,611 Championing
    Good morning @owilly

Thanks for making this post.

How is your mental health at the moment? You mentioned that you were in the hospital for a month, I hope that you were able to receive support there and are now in a better place in terms of your well-being.
  • owilly
    Sorry I know it’s been a while but thought I would just give a little update. 

So I received a text from ISA on the 19th of dec 2022. 

Couple weeks later I received another text on 31st of January 2023. my assessment is on the 1st of February 2023. 

I have now had my assessment and received a text on the 6th of February 2023 to say they have received my report and will make a decision in 6 weeks. 

I then received a letter 2day 21st February that they have all the information they need to make a decision 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,924 Championing
    Thanks for sharing your experience and update with us @owilly. It sounds positive that they will, hopefully, be making a decision soon  :)
  • owilly
    @L_Volunteer
    Thanks. 

Update I received a call from pip yesterday 6th march and ask if I can handle a large back payment ect…..

I called up the next day (today) and I have been awarded enhanced daily living and low rate mobility and said that I will receive back pay on Friday 10th march 

It’s been a long review process back am glad that it’s done and over with. 

But am still confused cause I thought I would have been backdated more cause of the mm case. ( €2325)

Cause I have been on standard living pip from 2017 with 11 point and 4 for mobility 

and after review am now on enhanced daily living and low rate mobility. 

• poppy123456
    If you’re referring to the leap review for the changes in law for the PIP descriptors. See link https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/how-the-dwp-has-rigged-the-leap-review-system-to-deprive-pip-claimants
    They wouldn’t have taken that into consideration for this review. The leap review is a totally different process. 
  • owilly
    hi @poppy123456
    am referring to mm  case engaging 
  • poppy123456
    This review will not be backdated to 2017.
  • owilly
  • owilly
  • poppy123456
    As I advised you won’t be backdated to 2017. 
  • poppy123456
    owilly said:

That's referring to Engaging with others face to face, which is part of the leap reviews. There's a completely separate process for this and it wouldn't have been considered in a normal review. There's some information here. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-independence-payment-changes/social-support-changes-to-pip-law-from-6-april-2016

• owilly
    hi @poppy123456
    thanks. I sent it twice on mistake sorry. 

• owilly
    I received my award letter. 

at the end it says

now we have made a decision. We may owe you some money. You will receive a letter with more information about this 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,906 Championing
    Oh yay! so glad you got your award :) How are you feeling @owilly?
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Scope Member Posts: 11,209 Championing
    Congratulations on getting your award @owilly i hope you get back dated as soon as possible