Motabillaty car stolen — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Motabillaty car stolen

Options
nezil123
nezil123 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi is there anyone that can help me or give me some advice, my motabillaty car was stolen about a month ago and since then I'm housebound and motabillaty are saying there's nothing they can do until all checks are done, this should have been completed by 5th July, there still taking the payments and there saying I'm not entitled to a courtesy car, is this right 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,700 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Motability will need to assess the situation first before anything can be done. As i don't know all the circumstances around what exactly happened then it's very difficult to give any advice.
    I hope you're not waiting much longer before you hear something from motability. Personally, i've always found them extremely helpful.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the community @nezil123 I'm so sorry to hear what's happened, that's awful :( 

If you can I'd get in touch with Motability and chase up information on these checks and when you can expect them to be completed. You can explain your concerns around the payments still being taken, and what you'd like to happen moving forward, or what outcome you would like.

It's very frustrating there's not more they can do at this stage, and I'm assuming they are working with the Police as well. I expect this unfortunately takes time to work through, but it still leaves you stuck at the moment, which I can understand doesn't feel fair.

Motability's FAQs page explains some details here:

My Motability Scheme car has been stolen, what should I do?

If your car has been stolen, you should notify the police immediately, giving them as much detail as possible, and remember to obtain a crime reference or log number. Then contact RSA Motability who will advise you on what to do next. If help is needed to stay mobile during the time you are without a Scheme car discuss this at the time of registering the claim. The car may be deemed written-off if it is not recovered within 21 days of the date of the theft.

If your car is deemed a write-off, I would hope you'd be able to lease a new vehicle in due course, but again, this is something to raise with Motability when you can speak to them. 

If we can support you any further with this, please don't hesitate to ask, and I hope you get some help to be independent again soon.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.