Don’t give up hope!! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Don’t give up hope!!

Options
Levi28
Levi28 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited July 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I just wanted to give people on this forum some hope… 
I posted a little while ago following a dreadful telephone assessment in May I had undertaken on behalf of my 16yr old daughter who was transferring from DLA to PIP. With the assessors report we came away with 4, daily living points. The report was inaccurate and in all honesty I wondered if it had anything to do with my girl!
I put in a complaint to IAS and spoke to PIP advising them of my concerns. I had a call from PIP 2 weeks ago advising they were disregarding the assessors report and that they have raised their own concerns regarding the assessment. They would be basing their decision on the claim form and the numerous documents that had been included in the claim.
Fast forward to today, received a letter which has awarded enhanced DL and Mobility for an ongoing period!
My point is that there are good DM’s and that my experience has taught me to try and have some faith! I hope our story can ease anxieties of others. Not easy I know!! 
Tagged:

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing this @Levi28, I'm glad you got such a positive outcome in the end :)

It must've been pretty frustrating going through the complaints process, but this shows that it is well worth pursuing if you feel something isn't right. I'm also glad to see it was addressed so quickly for you. 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    <3<3 that's awesome!!! 
  • Levi28
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing this @Levi28, I'm glad you got such a positive outcome in the end :)

It must've been pretty frustrating going through the complaints process, but this shows that it is well worth pursuing if you feel something isn't right. I'm also glad to see it was addressed so quickly for you. 
    Thank you! It has been a really stressful time. However, staying calm and going through the right channels helped on this occasion. Though it feels so needless, the amount of stress that the assessment caused.
  • Levi28
    Options

<3<3 that's awesome!!! 
    Thank you x
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That sounds really tough @Levi28, especially the stress. Glad to hear staying calm and going through the right channels has helped on this occasion though. It's really positive to hear you felt supported. How are you feeling at the moment?
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.