Hello, how is everybody doing? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello, how is everybody doing?

Options
monsieur
monsieur Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
edited July 2022 in Coffee lounge
Looking for some place to chat with other people on the internet, while I am playing my game :)

I hope it all goes well for you :)

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @monsieur :) What game are you playing at the moment? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • monsieur
    Options

I am playing Old School Runescape :)

• Tori_Scope
    Options
    I believe @66Mustang may also play that @monsieur :) 

How have you been coping with the warm weather?

• monsieur
    Options

I am playing Old School Runescape :)

I stay in a pub whole day and play my game :P. Sun doesn't bother me that much :D. It's quite cool inside the pub :P
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    I'm glad it's cool inside the pub @monsieur! Do you play it on your laptop? 

• monsieur
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I'm glad it's cool inside the pub @monsieur! Do you play it on your laptop? 

Yeah, that's right :)
    Also have my discman, headphones and my cd's with music :-P. 
  • monsieur
    Options
    I believe @66Mustang may also play that @monsieur :) 

How have you been coping with the warm weather?

I also stay outdoors a lot, in the woods... Bathing myself in a cold water :)
    Does anybody struggle with the hot weather? :P
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I find the hot weather particularly hard in the afternoon / evening @monsieur, due to the way the place we live faces, it gets very toasty. How are you managing with it?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • monsieur
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I find the hot weather particularly hard in the afternoon / evening @monsieur, due to the way the place we live faces, it gets very toasty. How are you managing with it?
    Hey. That is not a big issue to me, because I spend most of my time in a cool pub or the countryside.

my bigger issue is having suicidal thoughts (Removed, graphic description)… I think that is a mental disability, isn’t it… A lot of people blame me for having no money… I had a lot of chances to get some earnings, but I quickly get to feel depressed… I start to put a blame on me that I am useless, cuz I am 27 and really poor guy with no incomes… 

Yesterday I was swimming in a small river, and it was really nice. I was swimming on my back while watching the sun and blue sky :-). 

It is a shame that there is no sun and sky today… Yesterday the sun was beautiful, but I understand that a lot of people complained…

I think that heatwave is over in the UK for now? Now thunderstorms are incoming?
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Evening @monsieur

Thanks for getting back to us on this thread, how are you at the moment?

Your experience of swimming on your back and watching the blue sky sounds really lovely, I imagine it was a really nice view.

  
    I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing suicidal thoughts. If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org 
      
    You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself.

Are you in touch with your doctor at all regarding your mental health? If you feel as though you need some ongoing support to manage your mental health, it might be worth getting in touch with your GP to discuss how you are feeling. 

Please remember, if any time you feel that you may be in any immediate danger, call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.  

We sent you an email earlier from community@scope.org.uk, it would be great if you could give it a read and get back to us :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • monsieur
    Options
    Yes, I am ok. Don't worry, I don't think I am going to kill myself... Because that's stupid and selfish too... I don't want british gov to pay for my dead body... And cause collisions on a railroad.... And then more costs with bringing my dead body to Poland, oh no... I will call a mental hospital near town where I stay, if I am ever gonna have a crisis... I have got their phone number... But I don't want to go to the mental hospital anyway... I replied to your e-mail earlier...

Thank you very much!

• thara9643
    thara9643 Posts: 69 Connected
    Options
    Heya I am hot this evening
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    I'm glad to hear that you don't feel as though you'll take your own life @monsieur, and that you have a phone number you can use if you're ever in crisis :) Though being admitted to hospital can be a difficult experience, it can be useful for keeping you safe and having access to treatments if you need it. We'll take a look at your email soon, too. 

• monsieur
    Options
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @monsieur this thread has made me feel sad - the way you speak about the country side, the water and the sun shows me you like life and nature, but your sad. Have you got any friends, who do you live with ?
  • monsieur
    Options
    SueHeath said:
    Hi @monsieur this thread has made me feel sad - the way you speak about the country side, the water and the sun shows me you like life and nature, but your sad. Have you got any friends, who do you live with ?

I have got friends, but I live on my own on the countryside, because I am a forest man, haha :P.
    It's ok, life is sad, but a lot of people on this planet are in much worse situation than I am, so I am trying to appreciate what I have got and what I can do everyday.

• SueHeath
    Options
    Forest man is this by choice or are you homeless - life doesn't have to be sad but i am glad you appreciate things have you always lived in England ?
  • monsieur
    Options
    SueHeath said:
    Forest man is this by choice or are you homeless - life doesn't have to be sad but i am glad you appreciate things have you always lived in England ?

I think it's partially by choice and because I am homeless too... When I was in Poland, I lived in a big house or a flat on my own, and it was ok, but... I got so used to the peace and quietness of Warwickshire area, that when I go to Poland I can't co-op there mentally, with all those cars, noise from the streets, cutting down the trees, air pollution...
    I also realised that having neighbours or roommates can be a painful experience... So now I am feeling like I live like some rich man, who has a house far away from everyone, haha :P.

I think that I am mentally unstable person, and for some time I am feeling like a happy guy, and then the next day I can from out of nowhere feel like suicidal and down... :/.
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Morning @monsieur it's the mentally unstable bit that worries me - i hope you get help for this and not suffer in silence as you are aware help is there for you. 
    I do get the feeling you have by living with nature, how long have you lived in the Forest ?
  • monsieur
    Options
    SueHeath said:
    Morning @monsieur it's the mentally unstable bit that worries me - i hope you get help for this and not suffer in silence as you are aware help is there for you. 
    I do get the feeling you have by living with nature, how long have you lived in the Forest ?

About 2 years.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.