Ill health retirement for local government pension. Has anyone appealed a decision by OH? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Ill health retirement for local government pension. Has anyone appealed a decision by OH?

Options
Susan1960
Susan1960 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi
im in the process of medical  retirement and I have been assessed by OH as Tier 3. I would like to appeal this decision and wondered if anyone else had been in this situation. 

Thanks in advance 
Tagged:

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't really know much about this, is it the tier that you're trying to appeal @susan1960
  • petersj
    petersj Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Options
    Susan1960 said:
    Hi
    im in the process of medical  retirement and I have been assessed by OH as Tier 3. I would like to appeal this decision and wondered if anyone else had been in this situation. 

Thanks in advance 
    I was awarded a Tier 3 but appealed based on the evidence from my consultant & the fact that the IRMP  seems not to have understood my rare condition. I appealed under an IDRP1 but it was rejected. With the help of Citizens Advice I am about to send off IDRP2 as the adjudicator appears to has only used the evidence that fits the original decision. Not going to be easy but prepared to take this to the Pensions Ombudsman. Tip- find every bit of relevant legislation you can & quote it. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.