If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

pip tribunal Telephone appointment - help needed

Options
Ali_lovesTheUK
Ali_lovesTheUK Community member Posts: 30 Connected
Hi All 
I've Had A  letter from the PIP tribunal and I have telephone appointment this Wednesday afternoon. In the letter they say its to have the appeal bundle to hand what do they mean by this and has anyone had a  pip tribunal via telephone cos this is the 1st time I've had to have a pip tribunal by phone . would love you help on this 
Mental Health Matters. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,201 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You should have received the bundle in the post. This will contain everything that you sent DWP, which will include your PIP2 form, all your evidence, the assessment report etc etc.
    When you received this you should have looked through it to make sure everything is there. You must make sure you have this with you to refer to during the hearing.
    They will ask you questions about your conditions. What they ask you will depend on how your conditions affect you and as we don’t know anything about your case then we can’t tell you what they will ask. 
    Do you have someone that can be with you during the hearing?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ali_lovesTheUK
    Options
    Hi all 
    Just to say that I have my  PIP tribunal telephone appointment  this afternoon , but I was wondering  what will happen at the  PIP tribunal . And how do I prove that I have mental illness cos in the appeal letter DWP/PIP said that I didn't suffer from mental illness when I had my telephone assessment last year and they  (DWP/PIP)  have assumed that just cos I answered all the question at the time of my telephone assessment they dismissed that I have mental illness when I had mental illness since 2013 . And just thinking about   PIP tribunal itself is giving me lots of anxiety as I'm scared to know what to say or do ????????
    Mental Health Matters. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    All your evidence should have already been sent to HMCTS and this should have included a couple of real world incidents of exactly what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.
    I can't tell you what questions they will ask because it will depend on your case. Try not to answer them with just a yes or no and give as much detail as possible.
    Dont forget to have the bundle next to you during the hearing.
    You may not have a decision today, if this happens they will send you a decision letter in the past within the next week or two. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I just wanted to wish you the best for this afternoon @Ali_lovesTheUK :) Please do let us know how you get on. 

As poppy123456 has said, we can't tell you exactly what they'll ask or say. Citizens Advice have a page about what the tribunal is like, however, and how you can prepare. I hope it helps!

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• Ali_lovesTheUK
    Options
    hi all 
    just a update on how my PIP tribunal telephone appointment . 

there was lots of questions and I  when to pieces 3 time during in call . 
    some of the questions I found hard to answer cos my anxiety was though the roof and that I was trying to control my panic attacks even though I was close to have a full big panic attack . I had to ask them I need a minutes . all the panel see to understand .  I don't know why but I'm still anxious now and of the out come . They said they will reply by letter with in a few day with they decision. I'm sorry if this don't make any sense I'm still feeling anxious after my  
    PIP tribunal .

Mental Health Matters. 
  • Ali_lovesTheUK
    Options
    Update: 

hello all I’ve had my letter from the PIP  tribunal  And  I have won my case and that the tribunal say that I’m  awarded  The living component of PIP for my mental health. What happens now or do I need to contact anyone about the results of my tribunal.  ???
    Mental Health Matters. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That's great news, You don't have to do anything because HMCTS will have already contacted DWP. All you need to do is wait for DWP to pay you what they owe you and this can take anywhere up to about 8 weeks, sometimes longer.
  • Justcheckingin15
    Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 370 Pioneering
    Options
    @Ali_lovesTheUK, Great News:)
  • Ali_lovesTheUK
    Options
    Hi all
    i have just received this text message and I’m now worried what this means  . Please don’t say that all the effort of the tribunal has been short lived ??? 
    Please can someone explain what this means????
    Mental Health Matters. 
  • poppy123456
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I thought you said you received the decision letter? No idea why that text was sent after you received the decisio letter. It could have been sent in error.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm glad to hear you've now been awarded @Ali_lovesTheUK let us know how things go with getting your payments :)

I'm inclined to agree that the text might have been sent in error, as it sounds quite automated to me. It's easier said than done, but try not to worry about it. The tribunal has been really hard to get through emotionally, so you owe yourself some down time, to relax and destress. 

Can you confirm you've already received the decision notice letter from the Tribunal? If so, then I think you can ignore the text.

If you feel we can help with anything further, please do ask :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.