How are you all keeping cool tonight — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How are you all keeping cool tonight

Options
Sandy_123
Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,986 Disability Gamechanger
Here it is 28, lowest will be 24 overnight. I'm wondering how your all coping tonight? Obviously I'm not getting into bed with quilts, but lying on top. I've got the little windows open, not the bigger ones for safety. 

Comments

• Karen7788
    Karen7788 Scope Member Posts: 598 Pioneering
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Hi @Sandy_123,
    We’ve had the curtains closed all day so the house is pretty cool. It was bad travelling home from work though, pretty unbearable, can’t use the bus and waiting ages for a taxi.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I’m in London, came down this morning to see a poorly relative so it was urgent but planned in a way. I’m in a Premier Inn and it’s lovely with nice and cool air con haha. Being a snob lol.
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    I was there last week @bg844, lucky you with air con.
    @Karen7788 hope you got home quick. 
    I've just come in from sitting in the garden, cooler out there then in, but we have lots of bat's, flying wonky and low and id freak out if 1 landed on me. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm thinking of sleeping on the outdoor furniture, but sm says if I do she will pick a night in December when I have to do so again  B)
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Karen7788
    Karen7788 Scope Member Posts: 598 Pioneering
    Options
    @Sandy_123,
    We had a bat flying around the living room last year, I got my son out of bed to let it out. Hope it doesn’t happen again.😊
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Hahaha @woodbine I must say its tempting. 
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Karen7788 said:
    @Sandy_123,
    We had a bat flying around the living room last year, I got my son out of bed to let it out. Hope it doesn’t happen again.😊
    Oh no, I'd hate that
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I’d sleep out if it wasn’t for the local wildlife, eg rats a foot long! There are slugs as well and they’re pretty big. Then there’s vampire bats 🦇 mosquitoes, mice 🐁 maybe a fox or two, cats everywhere you go, dogs barking. Think I’ll sleep inside 🤔 forgot the wererabbits and seagulls screeching at 4am.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• easy
    easy Scope Member Posts: 670 Pioneering
    Options
    After all that leeCal I think it will be a sleepless night.
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Lol @leeCal you for forgot the  hedgehogs, safer in doors I think
  • thara9643
    thara9643 Posts: 69 Connected
    Options
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It sounds like the potentially one positive thing about being awake at 4 am @Teddybear12. Glad you managed to go back to sleep  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It was too hot last night, couldn't get the bedroom cool enough and even this morning it was 21 outside and still 30 in my room with the windows open. Much cooler downstairs. I've got all doors and windows open wide to try and air out the house before the rain and storm this afternoon. It's still humid here which isn't nice though. 
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    19 degrees at the moment out side, I've got all little windows open, to no effect. 🔥 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Just peaked 30 degrees here! The hottest it has been here so far this summer  :o Time to get the ice cream out  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • life
    life Community member Posts: 527 Pioneering
    Options
    Aloe Vera gel and the fan on. Keeps me cool enough. Enjoying this weather hope everyone else is too 👍
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Its getting a bit much now for me specially at night,  low 20s for me any day
  • L_Volunteer
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Glad to hear you are finding aloe vera and the fan helpful @life. I tend to enjoy blue sky but not so much these temperatures  :)

I know that feeling @Sandy_123. Hopefully, it will cool down soon! Take care of yourself in the meantime  :)  

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I keep my bedroom window open all the time and the door closed as the sun only shines on bedroom in morning when it isn't as strong tye room keeps cool so I can sleep 

The lounge is total opposite often by mid evening the heat has trapped as no wind 
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    In this weather: bedroom window, bedroom door and bathroom window open to allow a bit of airflow. As for me, birthday suit but not just during hot weather.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.