If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

want to complain LOUDLY about how difficult to get medical treatment. Next hurdle is PIP

Options
kazasid
kazasid Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi, 
I am an aspiring comic - its a cliche for a reason, we have to laugh or we will cry!.  
and here I want to complain LOUDLY about how difficult to get medical treatment in Llanelli (my new home after 20 years in Cheltenham) I have of course complained to the obvious ppl, all in the last week, so not much time / opportunity for any response local councillors (no reply), my MP - a chat with staff who would ask her to phone me - no phone call.
Written to Mp twice in succession, asked her to nudge local councillors - no response from any of them. Also complaints at Welsh NHS - response received - someone will be in touch(no-one has tho)
I did manage to give the practice nurse my urine sample and she confirm it was fine (which I already knew) and referred me to someone (?) and promised the district nurses will contact me - what did she think they would do to fix my clearly malfunctioning bladder? I need someone who comes complete with a scanner of some description, but sad to say, I just sat there and wept with relief that I was actually in a meeting with a health-care professional.
Next hurdle is to apply for PIP. I got 2 weeks to complete the forms. I will post my progress when I can and if there is any. Last time it took from November 2019 to November 2020 to get a reconsiderarion and I had lived a year without my basic pip before I was awarded it again and got the lost year backdated - that makes it all ok doesn't it? well does it? of course not. I didn't bother to ask them to consider my mobility, but I got 10 points anyway because I can't plan a journey rtc.
Now I start again and put my existing PIP at risk. It is what it is and I asked for a copy of my previous award - promised, but not actually arrived - PIP form did though so the clock has started on my 2 weeks to complete.
Hope I havent born the pants of any poor reader.
back soon.
kazasid

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,710 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Definitely not bored, you write really well and it's engaging <3 
    If 2 weeks isn't enough time for you to complete and return the form you can ask for an extension I think
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.