Consoles — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Consoles

Options
Crazylapras15
Crazylapras15 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
edited July 2022 in Coffee lounge
Which do you prefer Xbox or PS 
Tagged:

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I grew up with Xbox, so I'd have to say that I think @Crazylapras15! What's your choice?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Crazylapras15
    Crazylapras15 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Options
    I grow up with old consoles, like master system 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Which do you prefer Xbox or PS 
    I've played PlayStation all my life so it has to be that for me :) 

I grow up with old consoles, like master system 
    That's interesting, how did you find your experience of the master system?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I started with PS1 & PS2...then moved to Xbox 360 for online play with school mates in 2007.  Crossplay wasn't around back then.  Have since had an Xbox One and currently have an Xbox Series X.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You've switched sides @OverlyAnxious :D Do you tend to use crossplay these days?

Much like @Ross_Scope I've been gaming on Playstation from the start, although I did dabble with PC gaming in the beginning, I found using a controller more comfortable than a keyboard and mouse :)
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,612 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What’s crossplay? I’m guessing from the sound of it it means the ability to play with someone on a different platform.
  • Viola
    Viola Community member Posts: 34 Courageous
    Options
    Prefer my PC but otherwise I've been Xbox since the original!!

66Mustang said:
    What’s crossplay? I’m guessing from the sound of it it means the ability to play with someone on a different platform.
    Correct!  <3
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have never owned one because it isn’t really my thing but my good friend plays PS5 and he said he wouldn’t ever go to Xbox!
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You've switched sides @OverlyAnxious :D Do you tend to use crossplay these days?

I found using a controller more comfortable than a keyboard and mouse :)
    I did indeed, peer pressure haha!!  I lost touch with those mates within a year or so after high school unfortunately (over a decade ago now) so don't play with them any more. 

I still play mutliplayer games, but don't use comms & can't hear anyone else so it's like playing a single player game.  I can see that generally there are people in each game using alternative platforms though.  :)

I also briefly tried PC gaming but preferred the feel of a controller.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I'm more of a PC gamer and then for more casual play I like the Switch, although out of Xbox and Playstation I'm team Xbox
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I am a Nintendo person myself! Though, I did have a PlayStation when I was younger which I enjoyed  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • csno01
    csno01 Community member Posts: 390 Pioneering
    Options
    Afternoon Gamers,

I have been a Playstation fan since the beginning and I have recently acquired a PS4 :-).

I could have stitched and bought a PS5 but I am aware that they are hard to come by at the moment.

CSno01
  • csno01
    Options
    Stretched that was meant to read lol.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Hey @csno01, great to see you posting :) 

Awesome to hear you've got a PS4, as you say PS5s are quite difficult to get hold of, not to mention pricey, so a PS4 is a good alternative. 

How are you finding it so far? What games have you played lately?

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • csno01
    Options
    Hi @Ross_Scope,

so far I have played uncharted four and God of war. Both of which are very good.
    I am pleased with it although for various reasons,  I think the build of the PS3 is better. 
    Do you have a console?
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Hi @csno01

Great choices there, the Uncharted series are amongst my favourite games. have you played the other Uncharted games before?

For what reasons do you think the PS3's build is better? I'm curious :) 

Yes, I have a PS3 still, and a PS5 which I'm very lucky to have.

• emancherry33
    emancherry33 Community member Posts: 3,640 Pioneering
    Options
    Fan of the SNES first console I got, then enjoyed the first X Box, had a mate who brought every new console, liked Xbox 360 loved playing Halo all of them and gears of war.
  • csno01
    Options
    Hi @csno01

Great choices there, the Uncharted series are amongst my favourite games. have you played the other Uncharted games before?

For what reasons do you think the PS3's build is better? I'm curious :) 

Yes, I have a PS3 still, and a PS5 which I'm very lucky to have.
    Thank You Ross. 

I have yes although only the first one: drakes fortune. I understand this series has been made into a film.
    Design, Build and the connections are more secure.
    The snes was a great console @emancherry33I have never played the xbox. Glad you enjoy. 
  • life
    life Community member Posts: 527 Pioneering
    Options
    I've got the Xbox series x. The game pass on the Xbox just brilliant. so many games, Always a game to download for one monthly fee. 

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @csno01 glad to hear you've been enjoying some gaming, I'd say I've been playing on Playstation from a young age too, and I'm definitely looking forward to continuing the God of War story with Ragnarok in November!

Did you manage to battle any of the Valkyries in God of War? :) 
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.