Hi, my name is fraise! Need some help sorting out benefits — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is fraise! Need some help sorting out benefits

fraise
fraise Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Recently been discharged from hospital after having a stroke. Need some help with sorting out the benefits I should get please

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2022
    That will depend on your circumstances and you haven't given any information for anyone to be able to help. Do you work? Do you live with a partner? are you state pension age or below? Were you claiming any benefits before you went into hospital?
    For the disability benefit Personal Independence Payment (PIP) you need be aged between 16 and state pension and you must have had the condition for at least 3 months and expect it to last for at least a further 9 months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @fraise :) Thank you for joining, and for telling us a little bit about your situation. 

Firstly, I'm sorry to hear that you've had a stroke. How's your recovery going? Are you getting enough support to help you during your recovery? 

It'd be helpful if you could give us a bit more information so that we can talk you through what benefits you may be entitled to claim, as poppy123456 has said. Is that okay? 

You may also want to try using an online benefits calculator (Turn2Us) to get an idea of what you might be eligible to claim. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • fraise
    fraise Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks for responding... I've found an online form for attendance allowance...when my , computer stops playing up I'll fill it in again !
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    For Attendance Allowance you must be state pension age or above. You also need to have needed the extra help for at least 6 months. https://www.gov.uk/attendance-allowance/eligibility

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.