Hi, my name is dominique1970! I'm worried I may lose my LCWRA for the 7 days I'm away — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is dominique1970! I'm worried I may lose my LCWRA for the 7 days I'm away

Options
dominique1970
dominique1970 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited July 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
I’m meant to be visiting Malta in September to visit family, haven’t seen them in 7 yrs, they visit us couple of times, but this time it’s for a family wedding, obviously it’s their country, I’m worried anyway with my gastric situation, I have to irrigate daily, nurses have pro me with “ passport “ if u can call it that in case of bag search, but I’m worried that I may lose my lcwra for the 7 days I’m away? 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,396 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As you have been found to have LCWRA then you have no work commitments. This means that going on holiday for 7 days will not affect your UC. You are allowed to go away for a maximum of 28 days. Any more than this and your UC will end.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You will not.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @dominique1970 and welcome to the community :) Your trip to Malta sounds great, especially seeing family after so long! Are you looking forward to the wedding?

I hope we've helped to reassure you about your LCWRA, is there anything else you're still unsure of?

I hope you have a wonderful time in September, and just ask if there's anything more we can help with.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.