Weekend again — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Weekend again

Options
MadCow1
MadCow1 Community member Posts: 395 Pioneering
Hi,

How is everyone spending their weekend?

I have just treated myself to fish & chips for my tea,now I'm just watching TV.

Comments

• MadCow1
    Options
    Hi @Teddybear12,

Possibly going with family to the beach,if the weather's nice.

Enjoy your lunch at your brothers tomorrow.

Take care 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Did you watch anything good on TV @madcow1

I had a quiet weekend. I did some window shopping, watched TV, and slept mainly!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • MadCow1
    Options
    Hi @Tori_Scope,

Went to the beach,it was packed,too many seagulls strutting around for my liking.

Wasn't anything interesting on TV , can't wait till the Christmas movies start in September (usually).
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You made me chuckle at the sound of seagulls strutting around @MadCow1. I am assuming you aren't much of a fan of seagulls either? 

Hopefully, you can enjoy the beach when it is quieter and fewer seagulls around. The Christmas movies are one of the things that make the colder days better!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • MadCow1
    Options
    Hi @L_Volunteer,

I have a phobia of Seagulls (or "Beach Bouncers" I've renamed them because they like to check in people's bags, aswell as confiscate things off people, thinking "I'll have that, thank you",lol).

You're certainly right about the Christmas movies,they can't start soon enough for me.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @MadCow1. Oh, your renaming of seagulls is quite fab   :D 

What's your fave Christmas movie? I think mine must be The Polar Express  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • MadCow1
    Options
    Hi @L_Volunteer

I too like The Polar Express,but one of my favourites is A Christmas Carol,the one with Alistair Sim,the black & white version.
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    Ooh, another great Christmas movie! Thanks for sharing this with us @MadCow1. Do you have a favourite character in A Christmas Carol?  :)

• MadCow1
    Options
    Hi @L_Volunteer,my favourite character in A Christmas Carol is Ebenezer Scrooge,as it shows how a person can change when shown they need to change. It also shows that no matter how horrible you have been to people in the past,they will forgive you if you say sorry & change.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Enjoy your weekend @MadCow1

I’ve not got much planned but I’m going to try and go for a walk tomorrow and maybe a treat takeaway too.
  • MadCow1
    Options
    Not got any planned this weekend @bg844, just relaxing.
    Enjoy your walk tomorrow & your takeaway.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi ya @MadCow1 how's things going? It is weekend again. Every day feels same tho lately
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Sandy_123 have to agree every day seems the same recently.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have "long Weekends now" Hubby only works 3 days a week now - he's thinking of hanging up his brush this winter - so hopefully i will get my walk in shower done ha ha x
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    I might join some groups in my area, there is a local artist who does classes. I can see myself with an easel, doing a master piece. 
    Walk in showers are good sue. 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    SueHeath said:
    I have "long Weekends now" Hubby only works 3 days a week now - he's thinking of hanging up his brush this winter - so hopefully i will get my walk in shower done ha ha x
    We’ve all got to stop one day  :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    I think you should go for it @Sandy_123! Have you ever done art classes before? 

• MadCow1
    Options
    Hi everyone,

It's been non-stop with appointments & filling in forms, didn't know if I was coming or going,so I'm just going to be relaxing before the next appointments.

• Sandy_123
    Options
    I did art at school, I might enrol in this art class, if it's an afternoon or morning
  • Tori_Scope
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Ah, you have plenty of experience then @Sandy_123! Hopefully the timings will work out :) What's your favourite style of art? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.