My partner's received a DWP notice of compliance interview letter. Is this a scam? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My partner's received a DWP notice of compliance interview letter. Is this a scam?

Options
Amelia1934
Amelia1934 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My partner has received a DWP notice of compliance interview letter is this a scam?

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No. These checks are often random and are only to check you are receiving the correct benefit entitlement. Nothing to worry about as long as you are honest in what you tell them.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hello and welcome @Amelia1934, and thanks for reaching out with your query.

I hope you find the community a friendly and welcoming place to spend time and I'm glad to see that we have been able to support you. Is there anything else you're still unsure of?

If you'd like to have a look around the forum you can browse different discussions on our categories page, or head over to the coffee lounge so you get to know other members and play games. There's all sorts to get involved with.

Even if football isn't you’re thing, you can still have a go at our Premier League Sweepstake or predictions competition if you fancy!

Let us know if you need a hand with anything else, and enjoy the rest of the weekend :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,105 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Petal19 - do you have a link for this as wouldn't want our members to be put off from answering genuine compliance letters from the DWP? Btw this thread is over 6 months old.
  • libbybow
    libbybow Community member Posts: 26 Listener
    Options
    I've just got this letter what the hell is it so scard
  • libbybow
    Options
    My partner has received a DWP notice of compliance interview letter is this a scam?
    I've just got this letter 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,374 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    libbybow said:

Have you tried ringing the phone number on the letter? If you haven't then i'd advise you to do that and they maybe able to give you some information of what it's regarding.
    It's very unlikely to be a scam but they do sometimes do random checks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • libbybow
    Options
    libbybow said:

Have you tried ringing the phone number on the letter? If you haven't then i'd advise you to do that and they maybe able to give you some information of what it's regarding.
    Yes back in September me and my husband split and he tuck a job and didn't declare it ..it was for one month my appointment is Wednesday ..what's going to happen to me
  • poppy123456
    Options
    libbybow said:
    libbybow said:

Yes back in September me and my husband split and he tuck a job and didn't declare it ..it was for one month my appointment is Wednesday ..what's going to happen to me
    Which benefits were you claiming exactly at the time? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • libbybow
    Options
    libbybow said:
    libbybow said:

Income support as a couple 
  • libbybow
    Options
    libbybow said:
    libbybow said:
    libbybow said:

It from 3ed sep too 20th Oct 
  • poppy123456
    edited April 2023
    Options
    libbybow said:
    libbybow said:
    libbybow said:

Who was the main claimant and how many hours per week did he work? When you split up did you report the changes? Do you also claim tax credits?
  • libbybow
    Options
    libbybow said:
    libbybow said:
    libbybow said:

Who was the main claimant and how many hours per week did he work? When you split up did you report the changes? Do you also claim tax credits?
    I was main claimant every week was different I didn't report the change because I didn't know about it and no dont claim tax credits 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    libbybow said:
    libbybow said:
    libbybow said:
    libbybow said:

I was main claimant every week was different I didn't report the change because I didn't know about it and no dont claim tax credits 

I can only find that a partner can work less than 24 hours per week when claiming Income Support. If they worked more than this there would be no entitlement to IS. https://www.gov.uk/income-support/if-you-already-get-income-support
    I know the claimant can only earn £20/week without it affecting the IS, after this the IS will be reduced £1 for £1. I'm unsure about a partner because i can't find any information.
    All i can advise is you be honest during the interview. Any money owed will need to be repaid back. There may also be a small fine on top for not reporting the changes.

• libbybow
    Options
    libbybow said:
    libbybow said:
    libbybow said:
    libbybow said:

I can only find that a partner can work less than 24 hours per week when claiming Income Support. If they worked more than this there would be no entitlement to IS. https://www.gov.uk/income-support/if-you-already-get-income-support
    I know the claimant can only earn £20/week without it affecting the IS, after this the IS will be reduced £1 for £1. I'm unsure about a partner because i can't find any information.
    All i can advise is you be honest during the interview. Any money owed will need to be repaid back. There may also be a small fine on top for not reporting the changes.

We worked out that all time he was there he made 969.94 .so will have to pay all that back at once thank you for all your help
  • poppy123456
    Options
    libbybow said:
    libbybow said:
    libbybow said:
    libbybow said:
    libbybow said:

We worked out that all time he was there he made 969.94 .so will have to pay all that back at once thank you for all your help

It will be the Income Support that would be overpaid so it's this you'll need to repay back. You can repay it weekly. If you're still claiming benefits then it will be deducted from those.
    If you're no longer living together, are they aware of this?
  • libbybow
    Options
    No we are back together now I am scared to def I am disabled all my life so never worked and probably never will 
  • poppy123456
    edited April 2023
    Options
    libbybow said:
    No we are back together now I am scared to def I am disabled all my life so never worked and probably never will 

What's the reason why you claim Income Support? Is it because one of you claims carers allowance?
  • libbybow
    Options
    Epayslips /MS / def 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    libbybow said:
    Epayslips
    Sorry i don't understand that. Are you claiming a disability benefit such as PIP or DLA? Does your partner claim carers allowance?

• libbybow
    Options
    libbybow said:
    Epayslips
    Sorry i don't understand that. Are you claiming a disability benefit such as PIP or DLA? Does your partner claim carers allowance?

Yes I am on pip so is my husband now and income support my husband new to pip he gets because of his break down hes got bipolar and last year has a episode at the time in question 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.