Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi just wanting help around COL please

Options
Sarahaa30
Sarahaa30 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello,

I'm just wondering about COL payment to see if I will get it or not. I had an assessment period 30 March too 29 April, this was nil award due to being paid salary twice according to UC. After, this 30 April to 29may I received full award. Do you think I will get the COL payment. 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If the payments are correct you will not get the first CoL payment.
    You say you were paid twice according to UC, is that correct? How often are you paid your earnings?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Sarahaa30
    Options
    Hi, thank you for getting back to me, this happened like this for the 1st time, until I got I nil award I didn't know it was possible, because I'm paid at the end of the month, I got paid on 31st march and then the next month 29th April as that was the last working day in April, UC said nil award for that period ending 29th April, is there anyway to challenge it 
  • Sarahaa30
    Options
    Normally I am paid end of the month with a assessment period of 30th to 29th each month
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,755 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There was guidance last year I think about those paid monthly and their assessment periods being close to pay date and how they can challenge it so it's recorded correctly to UC. Those paid 4 weekly can't but those monthly but messed up by working days can. I can't remember all the details but it is worth looking at
  • Sarahaa30
    Options
    Hi thank you for this information I will look into this really appreciate this
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Unfortunately this is a problem that occurs if you make your UC claim very close to your normal payment date.

If you are normally paid monthly you can ask UC to reallocate the second payment to the following month. You should state clearly that you are paid monthly and that the payment on 29th April should be allocated to your May Universal Credit period. Ask them to do this and recalculate your UC payments.

Refer them to 
    https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/935532/adm27-20.pdf
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,755 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's what I was thinking of, thank you @calcotti <3
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.