Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

If you could visit any country…

Options
66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,982 Disability Gamechanger
…money and disability not being a barrier, where would you go and why?

I would go to Japan because I love their culture and their ethics. I am also a big fan of their food, especially sushi. It also looks like a beautiful and diverse country with stunning countryside and impressive cities.

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What a good question @66Mustang

I think I would go to Australia/New Zeeland as it's so different to the UK, and the culture there is as well. I don't think I'd enjoy some of the more dangerous wildlife mind!  :D 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What a great question. Thanks for starting this thread @66Mustang

I would go to Disney Florida because Disney is my happy place. I have always dreamed of going there.

Have you been to Japan yet? It sounds like loving their culture and ethics makes Japan a particularly great place for you. In addition to their food and sights of course. 

I am looking forward to hearing about other people's dream places  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @L_Volunteer highly recommend Disney land and all the other attractions 

I have a few I would like to go to 

Dubai 
    Hawaii 
    Maldives 
    Australia 
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    You`ll probably get fed up of me saying "I spent 20 years in the Royal Navy".........
    During which time I went to many places; in `86 we did a 9 month world deployment that took me to all major continents except India (we were due to go, but HMS Beaver took our slot and we took theirs, going to Australia instead).
    I love Asian food (Asian for all the different varieties of food from the Indian continent), I love their values and their work ethics so, needless to say, I would love to go to India.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 12,112 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Mines an odd one, I spent a lot of time in the 80's and early 90's working on the Isle of Man and have never got round to going back, so that would be my number 1 choice.

2024 Election won

• vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,495 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
     I spent my childhood holidays on the Isle of Man as I had an aunt and uncle that lived there, in Onchan. I'm the same @woodbine I would love to go back someday.
  • Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,089 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We went to Costa Rica in 2015 and I'd love to go back there,I'll need to renew my passport first though.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Australia for me.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm not one for going abroad but i would love to go to Russia just to look at some of the amazing buildings.

We went to the Isle of Man for our honeymoon @woodbine, we had motor bikes in our youth so we wanted to ride round the circuit. we would like to go back if we could rely on the weather ha ha x
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How did you find the Isle of Man @SueHeath? I am assuming you enjoyed it as you would like to go back if you could  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Karen7788
    Karen7788 Scope Member Posts: 598 Pioneering
    Options
    We went to Russia about 4 years ago @SueHeath, would love to go back but obviously that’s not going to happen in the near future.
    Here’s a photo I took at Peterhof Palace.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It was 44 years ago @L_Volunteer we went late September and it was very stormy, so i should imagine a lot has changed since then ha ha x
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    Ha ha, yes I could imagine a lot has changed since too @SueHeath :D

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.