If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is Brendajim1234! How much will direct payments cover my wage?

Options
Brendajim1234
Brendajim1234 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I am a self employed Carer. I have been with the same lady for nearly 2yrs . I live in 24 hours  and my wages are £150 per day paid by the lady I look after. However her money now has gone below the threshold and she is thinking of applying for direct payments to help pay for her care. She requires assistance with everything including toilet in the night. How much will direct payments cover my wage grateful for any advice
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,212 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    She will need to have a needs assessment first from her local Authority. She can refer herself here. https://www.gov.uk/apply-needs-assessment-social-services Once that is done it will determine what help she needs.
    She will then need a financial assessment, which will determine how much she's entited to towards her care. She may have to pay towards her care as most people do.
    Do be aware that the needs assessment may take quite a while because there's quite long backlogs in most local Authorities so she could be waiting at least 4 months, sometimes longer.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.