Truss, Sunak or Borris? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Truss, Sunak or Borris?

Options
Jamiequinn1975
Jamiequinn1975 Community member Posts: 17 Courageous
Just for fun....(Not sure if there's a similar thread?)

Who, if us the public, including us that have day-2-day struggles would (if we could!) Vote for being the next Prime minister.
Please reply and give a reason for your choice. (Please only if you want to for giggles).

I would say, that I would abstain. Haven't a clue how the two remaining candidates have pitched how they would will help me.
NHS, careers, mental health, the people at Scope, Mind, DRC, I could go on. 

Hey, thinking about it..I will accept answers like...

Mickey Mouse, he has a lovely wife, Minnie Mouse.
Liz Truss, as part of their cabinet, has experience in deals about imported cheese; and gosh, do mice like cheese? (Have I got news for you, must have the rights to that clip, they show it at any opportunity!)
I, like cheese. Not sure I'd tell the UK, in the way Liz did.
And to balance this, so the moderators don't ban me.....
Mr Sunack...I'm trying hard to think...got it.
I like his shoes.

Borris: He should present...
'Have I got News for you'

Join in if you would like to, or the moderators will block me for something or other.

Jamie.

(Probably coming to a online branch of Mind soon......) 
Scope people, that was a joke. No mice were hurt in the typing of this post, and I am completely impartial to any reply(s). (The brackets are in hope I might get more than one reply, other than from moderators that tell me off?)

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ha ha I see you have a great sense of humour @Jamiequinn1975 - my brain isn't working enough yet - so i'l be back later ha ha. Think some of the other members will join in, when they wake up.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,016 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Jamiequinn1975 great post, 
    I really don't know, what I've seen of that truss I'm not keen. Not watched the debates, rather watch paint dry.
    Rishi I think was always going to win, I don't mind him as much, even tho he's out of touch with the real world. Think the torys have had there day and be sirprised if they are voted in again.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'll be very surprised if Sunak doesn't win.

Can't say I'm particularly keen on either of them though!  Sunak does at least have the financial experience, but I'm not sure he's really PM material when considering all other aspects that he'll be responsible for.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would choose Sunak definitely because now isn’t the right time to cut taxes not with a huge national debt.  Truss is a popularist and will say anything she thinks will win her votes, for that reason I think she’d be dangerous for our country vis a vis Russia. We can’t afford a vicarious war with Russia.

Boris, well he’s yesterdays news, just about fit for wrapping fish n chips in. 🤣

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Karen7788
    Karen7788 Scope Member Posts: 598 Pioneering
    Options
    I don’t think that just Conservative Party members should be deciding who our next Prime Minister should be.
    I’m all for a General Election and Proportional Representation. 
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I don`t want either.  I think Sunak is a back-stabbing snake in the grass (a perfect trait for a politician) and I`m not impressed with the way Truss stated (words to this effect) "All Civil Servants outside London will have a pay cut".
    If either of these two are in Number 10 at the next General Election, I`ll be voting for the Monster Raving Loony  Part.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Karen7788 said:

I’m all for a General Election and Proportional Representation. 
    If only :( 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.