Sdp. All I am entitled to is £74 per week. Is this correct? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sdp. All I am entitled to is £74 per week. Is this correct?

Options
jemmzy83
jemmzy83 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
So I’m really confused and hope somebody can help. I have been in receipt of enhanced daily living PIP for the past 4 years. I did some part time work on and off from home but unfortunately I am too sick to work now so I was told to claim esa. I have been told I am getting contribution esa. I was told by my support worker to claim sdp as I am in receipt of enhanced daily living pip, I get smi full exemption on my council tax and also full housing benefit. I spoke to esa and they are now saying that as I get contribution based esa I am not entitled to sdp, so basically all I am entitled to is £74 per week. Is this correct? I have spent hours on the phone and I am getting absolutely nowhere. 

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    SDP was for income-related ESA. You will continue to receive £74 a week until you are assessed and if found to be in the Support Group (LCWRA) that’d go up to £117.60 a week, if you are found to just have LCW (able to prepare for work in the future) that’d stay at £74 but after you have an assessment and get your decision you’ll no longer need fit notes.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You will be claiming New style ESA because that's the only ESA that's possible to claim now. The disability premiums are not payable on this ESA.
    You can check entitlement to Universal Credit by using a benefits calculator. As it's a means tested benefit then whether entitled will depend on your circumstances. Use a benefits calculator to check entitlement.
    Your ESA will be deducted in full from any UC entitlement. If you have savings/capital of more than £16,000 you'll be excluded from claiming. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator/Intro/Home?cid=b1a0f731-088e-4d8e-a9c3-4770d6e1e2d7

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @jemmzy83 :) Thank you for joining, and for telling us about your situation. 

Benefits can be quite confusing, can't they? I hope that the above comments have helped you to understand what you might be able to claim. Please do let us know if there's anything you're unsure about. 

It can be tough when you stop working due to ill health. How have you been finding things? 

I'm glad to hear that you have a support worker. Do you find them helpful? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.