Which way should the teaspoons face? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Which way should the teaspoons face?

Options
Tori_Scope
Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
When you put your teaspoons away, which way do you make them face? 

For these purposes, I'm saying that the way they're facing is determined by the way the spoon bit is facing, not the handle.
National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Which way should the teaspoons face? 14 votes

To the left
57%
poppy123456easyOverlyAnxiousTori_Scopebg844CartiniBibliokleptKaren7788 8 votes
To the right
28%
deb74woodbine[Deleted User]Alex_Alumni 4 votes
I'm not bothered
14%
leeCalOxonlady 2 votes

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    To the left
    Only because I’m right handed so when picking up the spoon from the drawer the handle is on the right side.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm not bothered
    I place them one on top of the other! 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Options
    I'm not bothered
    I'd say that you are extremely fortunate if your life is not beset by such severe problems that your mind is free to think about tea spoons! I like my tea spoons sparkling clean, stacked neatly on top of each other, since the question has been asked! 
  • Karen7788
    Karen7788 Scope Member Posts: 598 Pioneering
    Options
    To the left
    On the left when I put them away, any which way when my husband does. 
  • Karen7788
    Options
    To the left
    Teaspoons always make me think of honey. I think it’s a Mary Poppins thing. 
  • Karen7788
    Options
    To the left
    But Mary says sugar. 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,016 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Erm I just throw them where they go  :D
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    To the left
    Oxonlady said:
    I'd say that you are extremely fortunate if your life is not beset by such severe problems that your mind is free to think about tea spoons! I like my tea spoons sparkling clean, stacked neatly on top of each other, since the question has been asked! 
    This made me giggle. My life is certainly not free of severe problems but I still question things like this too. I was wondering the other day how everyone else stores their cling film and foil and if they lie it horizontally or vertically in the drawer :D 
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    To the left
    Karen7788 said:
    Teaspoons always make me think of honey. I think it’s a Mary Poppins thing. 
    That's so strange, when I read this I was sitting thinking about how much I agree and then read your next post and I'm not sure why I associate teaspoons with honey and Mary Poppins but I really do
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    To the right
    I'm left handed, so having the handle on the right and spoon on the left makes most sense to me! :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    To the left
    I'm right handed so find it easier to pick them up with the handle on the right.  

As a contamination OCD sufferer, I'd be far more bothered by someone having touched my spoons than having put them away incorrectly.  :D
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    None of the above really, ours are vertical rather than horizontal. The spoony part points away with the handle closest to you as you open the draw.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    To the left
    Being right handed, the handle of the spoon must (yes, for me, must, not should) be on the right.  Cutlery is normally stated as "knives, forks and spoons"; my cutlery is set, from the right, knives, forks then spoons.  An "Andy tantrum" is initiated if someone puts them back in the wrong order.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.