The appeals panel NI — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The appeals panel NI

Stellios44
Stellios44 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Can I ask, I got my PIP decision overturned from standard living to enhanced, I already receive the enhance rate for mobility. I had to go through this 3 years back as well. I won't go into it too much, but both times I went in front of the panel I was told I should have never been there in the first place my medical notes are the size of say 4 Guinness book of World records and that was only a quarter of them. Its taken 16 months to get my face to face appeal which is crazy. What I want to know is do they back pay you the difference between standard and enhanced or do you get the full amount as that's what my friend said. I'm so confused. My mums funeral set me back a bit financially also so I need to get back on my feet as I'm so stressed as I'm missing appointments as I can't even afford the petrol to go. I'm so cross at the woman who did my assessment, it was done over the phone for 20 minutes and she told so many lies. Surely they can't get away with this. I'm only going to get worse health wise which they know so it doesn't make sense. Any info I'd appreciate it as I can't remember what happened 3 days ago never mind what happened at my last appeal 3 years back. Thanks for reading xxx

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    If a tribunal changes an increase to your award you will receive arrears of any dues due back to the original decision. You will get the difference the extra you are due, you don’t get paid the amount you’ve already received again.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Stellios44
    Stellios44 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you. That's what I thought also as I was on standard and they paid me so didn't make any sense as to why they would pay me again. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Evening @Stellios44 and welcome to the community :)  How have you been? I hope the reply from calcoti was helpful for you, and I hope that you are getting used to the online community. 

Sorry to hear of the loss of your mum, I can't imagine how difficult that must have been. How are you managing with your conditions at the moment? I hope you have enough support in place to cope, but if not please consider getting in touch with your medical team to discuss how you are getting on.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.