Newly diagnosed at 32 years old! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Newly diagnosed at 32 years old!

Options
DebJ1990
DebJ1990 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited August 2022 in Autism and neurodiversity
Hi

Trying to find a community or support. I have always known I have ASD as my family history is full of autistic people and knew deep down that I probably had the same but out of fear didn't want the assessment. Only when covid hit and everything went online did I feel ready to take that step.  I now have my diagnosis as of Thursday but not really sure what support is out there as I have never looked for it before now. I was also found to have ADHD which was a bit of a shock as I wasn't expecting that part.  I do have a couple of friends online but other than that I'm pretty isolated and don't have any real friendships which suited me fine. Not really sure what I'm looking for here but thought I'd start and take the next steps etc. I do have a local organisation but don't fancy group sessions etc. As I hate face to face sessions and will avoid like the plague lol! 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.