If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I may be entitled to a rebate. Do they took gas meter for investigation?

Options
Clarity6871
Clarity6871 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hello Everyone 

My Name is Clarity, I am 51 Years Old. I have noticed that the Electric and Gas has gone up. I am a very low user of electricity  and gas.  I had noticed that my Gas Meter was running quite fast. So I had the Gas Man out from Bromford and the Meter had to be changed. No gas going through pipe. The man came from DWP to check it in April 22. He put a lot of pressure through to check how much I paid. The Meter blew up. So I had to have a new one. I may be entitled to a rebate. Do they took Meter for investigation. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,094 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your gas meter would have nothing to do with DWP. You will need to speak to your energy supplier for that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Clarity6871 :) How are you doing today? This is the post I made for you. I hope that you've found it okay!
    The man came from DWP to check it in April 22
    Did the person from the DWP come around to check your meter? 

Many people have been finding that their energy costs have increased, unfortunately. I know it can be quite stressful. Taking regular meter readings is usually a good idea, so that you can stay on top of things. 

Does your meter now seem to be working correctly? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.