If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Got text about successful claim.How long do you have to wait for letter? Will they backdate pay?

Options
lynn69
lynn69 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited August 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Comments

• lynn69
    lynn69 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you  had my text saying I was awarded pip on Friday how long do you have to wait for letter and will they back date the money they owe you 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If it's a first time claim and you're not transferring from DLA then payment will be from the date you rang to start your claim. It takes 3-5 working days to go into your bank from the date it's paid.
    Usually payment is received before the decision letter arrives. The decision letter can take a couple of weeks and it will contain all the information you need.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @lynn69 :) Thanks for joining the community- it's great to have you on board!

Just to let you know, I've moved your post into our PIP category, and renamed it, so that other members can find it more easily. I'd recommend that you take a look through the PIP category, as many people are in the situation as you, which can feel quite reassuring.

Congratulations on your successful PIP claim! I can imagine that must be a bit of a relief. How did you find the process?

Hopefully your payment and decision letter will both arrive sooner rather than later. 

As for backpay, the Turn2Us website says the following:
    Your PIP will be backdated to when you first made a PIP claim, so you are likely to get a lump sum back payment.

Please do keep us updated :) 

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • Boyzzee66
    Boyzzee66 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    I got awarded pip 2 days ago by txt, will my pip be backdated to my original attempt at claiming which was November of last year?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,098 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Boyzzee66 said:
    I got awarded pip 2 days ago by txt, will my pip be backdated to my original attempt at claiming which was November of last year?
    It depends what you mean by “original attempt at claiming” more information is needed to be able to advise you. Was the decision after a MR or Tribunal?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.