Ellie Simmons - strictly — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Ellie Simmons - strictly

Wibbles
Wibbles Community member Posts: 1,573 Pioneering
edited August 2022 in Coffee lounge
I am all for positive descrimination - but who is Ellies Partner going to be in Strictly ?
She's under 4 feet nothing tall for Gods sake - its going to be embarrasing to watch and for her partner as well as Ellie herself......

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    mmmm yep i know what you mean, lets hope that everyone involved as had the frank and honest chat - 

Funny enough my Husband was a bit concerned when they started having same sex dancers, but we both seen through that and just loved the dancing - guess we will have to wait and see and hopfully there will be know sillyness.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hopefully Ellie and her dancing partner will be able to show that there are ways around practical barriers that we might assume there would be @Wibbles :) I look forward to seeing how she gets on! I'm not sure if they've announced the dancing partners yet (I don't follow the show particularly, so am unsure when this is usually announced). 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Karen7788
    Karen7788 Scope Member Posts: 598 Pioneering
    Hi @Wibbles,
    The professional dancers will know all the techniques to help their partner to look fabulous and dance their best, especially as the professional dancer will take the lead and Ellie follow. Some dance positions will probably change I.e. hands on upper arms instead of shoulders etc. She’s very fit so I don’t think there’ll be any issues and I’m sure she’ll be fab. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    I stopped watching Strictly about 4 years ago, but I wish her well
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Wibbles
    Wibbles Community member Posts: 1,573 Pioneering
    To be honest so did we 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck Ellie from all of us here at Scope!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    Shes from aldridge in Midlands, there's a gold letter box there. From when she was competing. I'm sure she will do well
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    How amazing! Thanks for sharing that with us @Sandy_123 :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.