Lcwra HELP! Will the decision maker go with the assessor's suggestions? How long does it take? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra HELP! Will the decision maker go with the assessor's suggestions? How long does it take?

Options
niomelouise
niomelouise Community member Posts: 19 Connected
edited August 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
So I went for a f2f assesment today 
I struggle with PTSD/anxiety/angrophobia I have been sending sick notes in since May so I have not had to wait long for my assesmnet. I had a hand written letter of my mother as she deals with everything for me including medication, food, shopping etc and I had my diagnosis test results for my PTSD.

The person I see was very understanding and said he was going to suggest the highest group as he could see I was not fit for work and or looking for work and need to concentrate on my therapy. 

My questions are will the decision maker go with his suggestions?

Will the decision maker ring my doctor and or the people who diagnosed me? 

How long does it take now ? ( the person I see today was sending the report at lunch time to the DWP 

I claim PIP and get enhanced on both. And normal UC at the moment. I get so anxious about this kind of thing and the wait kills me.   

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The Decision Maker usually follows he report but they are not bound by it - they are supposed to review all the information. The Decision Maker will not be contacting anybody else for more information (unless they see a glaring inconsistency in which case they might).

The decision can take up to 12 weeks from the report.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • niomelouise
    Options
    Thankyou, and no there isn't any incontinencies the man focused on my mental health ie ptsd etc as he said that's the main factor that he believes will qualify me for the lcwra eliminate. That's also the reason I get enhanced pip. I will wait and see what thw outcome is and update one here. Can I request a copy of the report like with PIP. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2022
    Options

The person I see was very understanding and said he was going to suggest the highest group as he could see I was not fit for work and or looking for work and need to concentrate on my therapy. 

The person that did the assessment shouldn't have told you that because it's not their job to do so. They will write the report and return it to DWP. Once the decision is made a letter will be uploaded onto your journal.
     Can I request a copy of the report like with PIP. 

You can be they may refuse to send it until the decision is made as this does sometimes happen with the WCA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • niomelouise
    Options
    Thankyou poppy I will just wait for the decision to come through saves more anxiety. 

He did say he shouldn't say anything but felt like he could based on the report he was writing 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It sounds really positive that you are aware of what might save more anxiety @niomelouise. Good luck! Please feel free to let us know how you get on. We are all here for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Best wishes for the outcome @niomelouise :) It's good to hear that the assessor was kind and understanding. Well done for getting through the assessment.

It's perfectly natural to feel quite anxious while waiting for the decision letter. Is there anything you can do that usually helps you to stay calm, and take your mind off of things? 

How are you finding coping with your PTSD, anxiety, and agoraphobia? 

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • niomelouise
    Options
    I have struggled with it since I was 13 I am now 29 so I am able to control it to a point where I know my triggers etc. And yes I'm hoping it will be a fast decision I have a zoom call with my advisor Monday so I will see if she can tell me anything 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Knowing your triggers must be a big help @niomelouise We are keeping our fingers crossed for you, so let us know how things go on Monday :)

Are you up to anything nice this weekend?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • niomelouise
    Options
    Can anyone workout if I am due Any back pay please as I am struggling. 

I handed in sick notes from 12th May and found out today 23rd August I am now on lcwra my assessment periods are 8th to the 7th.

Thankyou in advance 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That means you sent your first fit note in AP May/June, which doesn’t count because it has to be 3 full AP. 
    Your waiting period will be June/July, July/Aug, Aug/Sept… LCWRA starts from AP sept 8th to Oct 7th and first payment will be 14th October. No LCWRA element is owed. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • niomelouise
    Options
    Perfect thankyou. It so confusing how they work it out 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No worries. Yes, completely agree. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.