Have I made a mistake? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Have I made a mistake?

Options
bluefox
bluefox Community member Posts: 636 Pioneering
edited September 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello, is this a mistake?

So I had my WCA assessment in December and was put in the LCWRA group. 

So basically I had some CBT earlier on in the year (which was designed to improve my mental health) anyway I was consequently discharged due to not achieving the goals. 

Anyway, my doctor wanted to help me get back into my old job by providing me with a letter saying I was engaging with the CBT even though I wasn’t. (what a conflict!)

So I recently obtained my medical records to see what had been said and where I’m going with getting better. 

She wrote in my medical records that I was getting better around March time (which is bizarre) as I was still struggling with daily tasks etc and lacking in energy/fatigue. 

Then after that I’ve been placed under a high level of care from the mental health services. 

What I’m worried about is, how will that particular piece of evidence look in the future. Was that classed as a change of circumstances? 

My doctor has still been providing NOT fit for work notes since March. So as you can understand I’m incredibly confused and worried now. 

Or is it classed as a fluctuation and worsening. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This just proves that a GP will very rarely know exactly how your conditions affect you. It won't affect your LCWRA award, as it's about the majority of the time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bluefox
    Options
    This just proves that a GP will very rarely know exactly how your conditions affect you. It won't affect your LCWRA award, as it's about the majority of the time.
    Poppy, honestly it’s insane. 

I’m reading my medical records and one doctor is saying she suspects Aspergers/ADHD. Then another doctor is referring me to a Community Mental Health Team with my diagnoses and he’s saying I’m struggling with daily living activities and how I’m getting worse. Then two weeks later the other doctor is saying my mental health has improved and then one week later they’re saying I’m suicidal. 

I’m reading and thinking oh my god what happened to the days when you were seen by one GP and one GP only. 
  • bluefox
    Options

Well… I’ve been sent for a different kind of therapy and a worsening of my condition. So not sure why she made that assumption. 

The CBT failed drastically. Even the therapist discharged me saying I needed a higher level of help. 

Doctors hey
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2022
    Options

Thanks for sharing this with us @bluefox. It sounds really challenging for you that everyone is saying different things and at different times – such inconsistency.

It sounds like not getting the support you need is making this even more difficult for you. It is really positive to hear that you recognise it is the type of support that has failed though!

How are you feeling about all this? We are here for you if you would like to talk about this further with us. 

Please feel free to keep us updated with how you are doing, we all care about you  :)

Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.