Question — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Question

Options
Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,380 Disability Gamechanger
edited August 2022 in Coffee lounge
Hello Scope online community
I just wanted can it be a scary time for a person with a disability who chasing his dreams downs 
I only ask this question I am feeling this way at the moment while chasing my own dream moment.

I look forward to hearing options from other scope community members 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Globster that's no problem :) What do you feel is most scary about chasing down your dreams?

Perhaps we can talk it through- it think it is natural to sometimes feel scared of new things, or things we've never tried before, because they are unknown and uncertain. Is that how you're feeling now?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,380 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @Alex_Scope
    I seem to get so far but I get scared. I am in the process of chasing myself down.
    @Alex_Scope I am in process of writing own radio drama and a spec script for an opportunity in Birmingham.

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Globster, don’t worry about anything 😉 simply complete the project. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Options
    That sounds amazing @Globster do you listen to many radio dramas? I quite enjoy them, they can be very suspenseful, and very entertaining.

I often like to imagine what the characters look like based on the voices :) What kind of drama is it you're writing?
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• Globster
    Options
    @Alex_Scope
    I do love listening to and writing my positive own radio drama script. @Alex_Scope Would okay if posted my radio drama playscript and television drama script to see the community members

• Alex_Alumni
    Options
    I'm sure that would be more than fine @Globster, you'd be welcome to share it here on the community :)
    Scope

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,777 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good luck with the new adventure @Globster
  • Karen7788
    Karen7788 Scope Member Posts: 598 Pioneering
    Options
    @Globster, just go for it, always follow your dreams. Best wishes 
  • POGGYFLOSS
    POGGYFLOSS Scope Member Posts: 38 Courageous
    Options
    @Globster,Go for it, post it on here, inspire others chase a dream!
  • POGGYFLOSS
    Options
    @Globster, go for it yes post it read it by writing one sentence designing one character one setting you've already gone 50% further than virtually everybody else on the planet be proud of it!
  • Globster
    Options
     @Alex_Scope @iza @Sandy_123 @SueHeath@Karen7788@ @POGGYFLOSS I appreciated all of your words of encouragement I will definitely post my radio play script once had finished writing my first play radio play script on then will move my attention to writing my script for my idea for my own television drama script which both scripts on the scope online community to read and give fantastic suggestions with improving both scripts before sending to the opportunity. 

• Alex_Alumni
    Options
    Looking forward to it @Globster :)
    Scope

• POGGYFLOSS
    Options
    @Globster, go for it yes post it read it by writing one sentence designing one character one setting you've already gone 50% further than virtually everybody else on the planet be proud of it!
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Good luck @Globster. One of my favourite quotes is "it is scary to follow your dreams but what's scarier is staying within your comfort zone where your dreams are not followed"  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Globster
    Options
    @L_Volunteer
    I appreciate your words and inspiring quotes too @L_Volunteer.
    I just wondered if got the results for your degree @ L_Volunteer?

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @Globster. It is the very least you deserve. 

I have! I received my provisional result for my degree on Monday. I am very happy thank you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Globster
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @L_Volunteer
    congratulations well
    A poem called hard work paid off
    I have come up with a poem for you@L_Volunteer
    The young woman  called L_Voulunteer
    She had worked so hard to achieve top grades in her degree
    We are all pleased and pround of you @L_Volunteer we take our hats off to you @L_Volunteer
    I bet putting your mind is an easy 
    I know these are provisional results by having shown fantastic resolve to achieve whatever put mind too@L_Volunteer  

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.