If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA - PIP. Will I get back pay? Can I get both at the same time?

Options
Struggles_R
Struggles_R Community member Posts: 27 Listener
edited August 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi guys Im very confused and need some advice about Universal Credit in regard to LCWRA and PIP. There are a couple topics I need to know  

So basically I’m waiting for for a WCA/LCWRA assessment but it makes no sence cuz I put in for PIP in mid June. 

I’ve filled out 2 forms they sent me, 2 different forms,but can’t remember exaclty what the forms were.

I then got a appointment letter which had an apt on there but had to reschedule I’m not sure if one was pip and the other wca..

If I’m awarded will I get a back pay from the first note up to the date of award plus extra amount on/in my universal credit.

Also can I get LCWRA and PIP at the same time and if so can both back dated as I provided my fit note within the 28 day assessment period but was not put in for a work capability assessment until the start of this month  Ive heard some cases were you won’t be given the award amount until 4 months after assessment My assessment period was dec 28 to Jan 27 and they failed to book me for any medical or wca assessments until recently when I spoke to a coach direct and noted notes problems within the job centre Im not sure if they realised a mistake they had made or it was the pip claim I made why I am only just getting a telephone assessment ? Does anybody have a clue to any of my answers

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2022
    Options
    PIP and LCWRA are completely separate. Your PIP claim will be processed by the PIP team while the Work Capability Assessment to determine alCWRA will be dealt with for the UC team. PIP and the WCA each have their own form which is why you have had two forms.

if awarded, you can get both PIP and LCWRA.
    Struggles_R said: If I’m awarded will I get a back pay from the first note up to the date of award plus extra amount on/in my universal credit.
    For PIP, any payment will be backdated to the date you first rang PIP to start the claim.
    For LCWRA you will only get paid the money for LCWRA from the fourth complete UC monthly period after you first reported your health condition to UC.
    Struggles_R said:. Ive heard some cases were you won’t be given the award amount until 4 months after assessment
    It’s 4 months from reporting the health condition supported by a Fit Note. That’s what the law requires.

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Struggles_R
    Struggles_R Community member Posts: 27 Listener
    Options

It’s 4 months from reporting the health condition supported by a Fit Note. That’s what the law requires.

Right thanks @calc@calcotti at least somebody have made it more clearer, I find it near impossible to make sence of things, especially as I have got OCD as well as D&A which make understanding hard for me or others to understand where I’m going with things..

I’ve got another question that I like to ask which is if there is a gap in a sick note period ex jan,feb,April,may,June,July will I still be allowed a back pay for the months after the 3 month assesment period or does the assesment period start again after the gap 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If there is a gap, it is likely that the three month waiting period will only start from the month in which your continuous Fit Notes started. You would not get any extra money for the earlier months.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.