If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does anyone actually live a "perfect" lifestyle?

Options
66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,050 Disability Gamechanger

Just wondering as, it doesn’t matter how healthy your lifestyle is, there always seems to be some advice for you to cut down on something else, or do more of something else.

I have recently stopped eating too much and more recently cut down my alcohol use and now apparently I need to eat less butter which is something I enjoy.

I saw a warning on some fruit juice today saying to drink it in moderation which triggered me to write this question.

I know there are some obvious problems like if you drink 10 pints of beer or 30 cups of coffee a day you need to change your habits quite urgently. But most people I think are all right.

Does anyone ever go to the doctor and they say “you are eating exactly the right amount of everything and doing the correct amount of exercise, don’t change a thing”?

I don't know if I'm going to bother with the butter thing as I think I'm doing an all right job at the moment with the alcohol and snacks. If I cut out butter it will just make my life a tiny fraction more miserable and then I'll be told to cut out something else!

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Karen7788
    Karen7788 Scope Member Posts: 598 Pioneering
    Options
    “A little of what you fancy does you good” 
    I think this is good advice @Charlie1973
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    Yes great advice thank you both :)
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    Just a follow up question - based on that, would you go for sugared fizzy drinks - in moderation of course - rather than sugar free?
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,707 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't think many people at all eat perfectly all of the time. Who said you need to eat less butter??
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,432 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't do fizzy sugar drinks but that's because I'm diabetic, I don't drink fruit juice either as sugar is high in those. But what ever you fancy in moderation.  
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I certainly don't live the perfect healthy lifestyle 

Struggle to have 5 a day 

Trying to be more healthy now eating more healthy and exercise but will do this in week and if I want a treat will do at weekend 

Definitely agree with moderation and if you fancy silencing then have it or the craving won't go 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I enjoy a glass of Pepsi Max every day, I also have half a bar of chocolate usually too as an evening snack. I’m not unhealthy at all but would I drink a 2L bottle and a jumbo bar of chocolate every day? No.
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,450 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
       My mum was 5ft  a perfect weight, ate very healthly meals and was  very active. Her cholesterol level was off the scale and her blood pressure was the same. Healthy lifestyle doesn't always equate to a  healthy body.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,801 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I believe in everything in moderation, used to drink too much lucozade given that up, I'm over-weight but not greatly, I gave up smoking after 50 years about 18 months ago and feel no better for it but I'm better off ££
    Eleven years ago we moved into a mobile park home in a very rural area which we love.
    So not a perfect lifestyle but a better one
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• life
    life Community member Posts: 527 Pioneering
    Options
    Pepsi Max @bg844 is my favourite. I'd rather that than any other fizzy drink. Don't know if it's healthier compared to other drinks but it's sugar free so 👌

I realize I have to change my lifestyle. Compared to comment's on here im about a 2/10 on healthy living.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.