If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory reconsideration pip

Options
MissCT8676
MissCT8676 Community member Posts: 65 Connected
I got denied PIP so made a mandatory reconsideration they received it on the 19th July and today I’ve had a phone call from the women who is in charge of my new decision she asked me if I had been in hospital or on holiday for more than 4 weeks and then asked if my bank details were the same and asked if I had any questions, she said she will contact me (letter) within 7-10 days with a new decision. I read somewhere that if they ring you it usually means you’ve been denied again? Is this right 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
     I read somewhere that if they ring you it usually means you’ve been denied again? Is this right 
    Not sure where you read that but it's not correct. It doesn't mean anything other than they rang. The questions you were asked would usually be asked when they owe you some money.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MissCT8676
    Options
    Thank you I saw it on some other stupid forum wasn’t this one at all, it was like someone else saying it. Thank you 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you I saw it on some other stupid forum wasn’t this one at all, it was like someone else saying it. Thank you 
     .. there's a lot of incorrect information about!
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • MissCT8676
    Options
    Really is I like coming on here I steer clear of other things now lol 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad to hear your positive feedback @MissCT8676. Thanks for sharing your positive feedback with us. It means a lot. If we can do anything else to support you, please don't hesitate to let us know  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • MissCT8676
    Options
    Thank you just got to keep my fingers crossed now lol
  • MissCT8676
    Options
  • Sue_Alumni
    Sue_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 486 Pioneering
    Options
    Good afternoon @MissCT8676
    I think poppy is correct.  That sounds like the standard questions they ask to work out how much money they owe you.  If you are successful you may very well get some money paid into your bank account before you receive a decsion letter from the DWP. Let us know how you get on.
    Online Community Adviser

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Jean56 said: I'm only 4 weeks away from state pension age as o may not get pip.
    That makes no difference. If you qualify you are entitled to receive PIP because your claim was made prior to reaching pension age and, if awarded, can then continue beyond pension age.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • MissCT8676
    Options
    Thank you @Sue_Scope fingers crossed 
  • MissCT8676
    Options
    Hi @Jean56 I couldn’t believe the things wrote on mine either! The amount of things wrote that I never even said! The assessor claimed I said I don’t eat and am under weight I can assure you I am not under weight and could hardly lie about that haha! Make I went on a site I’ll try and find the name and they send you a draft for a letter joe to explain and write down EVERYTHING! Get your daughter to write a letter too with the things she does to help you it’s such a stressful thing I’m going to hear this week I’ve been waiting since March (when I first applied) 
  • MissCT8676
    Options
    Sorry this stupid phone and predictive text! 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @MissCT8676 No need to apologise at all! How have things been for you more recently?

I would like to make sure you have access to the support you need and deserve but I am aware that things might have changed since.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to help. We are all here for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.