Embarrassing or out of character things you like — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Embarrassing or out of character things you like

Options
66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,693 Disability Gamechanger

Following on from the “Boyzone vs. Westlife” thread. I was going to make it “embarrassing bands you like” but decided to just make it about anything.

What things do you like that are a bit embarrassing or a bit of a deviation from your normal persona?

On bands… I quite like Busted.

I’m sure I will think of more things but over to you for now. :)

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I like watching reality TV things like love Island 

I also like the voice and strictly and dancing on ice and Britain's got talent 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    In terms of music I'd probably say Talor Swift. My taste is generally punk rock so people do sometimes raise eyebrows when I play album tracks from 1989 :D 

Busted is a great choice @66Mustang. I've been listening to them recently, and McFly, as a call back to the music of the mid 2000s. 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    @Ross_Scope

I'm glad to hear you like Busted. :smiley:

I like live music (on YouTube, not real life!) and watched a few Busted songs - they've actually performed quite recently so they must still be relatively popular!

The demographic of the audience looked sort of the same kind of age group, about my age - I'm guessing people who liked them as a child/young teenager and are still fans today.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,625 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I like the Spice Girls...  :D
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,625 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Aside from music, I also really got into the Great British Sewing Bee last year.  Plus In For a Penny...it's just adults acting like kids and making a mess...but it's a great half hour escape from reality! :sweat_smile:

On a deeper note, I'm not really sure these things should be embarrassing!  It's all just conditioning from the society that we live in, constantly changing over time and location...  Do what you like, forget everyone else's judgement.  :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yep, Busted are still going @66Mustang, and so are McFly. They're still making new music too, but it's not as good as it was back when they were in their prime in my opinion.

What are your favourite Busted songs?

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    @OverlyAnxious very true. :) 

@Ross_Scope I like the classics, Year 3000 and What I Go To School For :smiley: what are your favourites?
  • Karen7788
    Karen7788 Scope Member Posts: 598 Pioneering
    Options
    Absolutely love Ru Paul’s Drag Race, make up, back biting, costumes and all the double entendres. 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,820 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh I love ru Paul's drag race too, follow some of the queen's on twitter. 
    I love  a good history documentary,  going round castles and old buildings.  Got a castle trip coming up in a few weeks. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Enjoy the castle trip @Sandy_123. Looking forward to hearing all about it if you want to share it with us  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • emancherry33
    emancherry33 Community member Posts: 3,640 Pioneering
    Options
    Chas and Dave songs since meeting them when I was very young like listening to their music.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,669 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Bands; McFly,  other things big fan of the Archers
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• emancherry33
    Options
    Ohh the Archers, the unmistakable music to begin and end, travelled up and down the place list to the Archers
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm a fan of The Archers too @woodbine and @emancherry33 :) Do you have a favourite character?
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • emancherry33
    Options
    Hi @Alex_Scope , the archers , kind of introduced by force. There was a guy who took me and a friend to all the home football matches and a lot of the away matches all round the country and while on the journeys the radio would be on with modern music . But the car was programmed to play the Archers every day , every episode so there be say Meatloaf's bat out of hell on then the Archers music would blast on. It became part of the trip and part of our pre-match. It got to a stage we had to listen to the Archers or it was bad luck . Never forget us all singing that unforgettable tune sat in his car.      Favourite characters names never really sank in to excited to get into the grounds to watch the footy.
  • Binky1234
    Binky1234 Community member Posts: 408 Pioneering
    Options
    My daughter in law thinks it's hilarious that I like Harry Styles.

I love watching him on you tube.

Knowing When to walk away is Wisdom, being able is courage, walking away with your head held high is dignity.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oooh, what is your favourite Harry Styles thing you like to watch on YouTube @Binky1234? I am intrigued  :p
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    66Mustang said:

Following on from the “Boyzone vs. Westlife” thread. I was going to make it “embarrassing bands you like” but decided to just make it about anything.

On bands… I quite like Busted.

I’m sure I will think of more things but over to you for now. :)

I'm upset that anyone thinks Busted are embarrassing! :D;) 

They remind me a bit of Bowling for Soup who I like (check out Highschool Never Ends or 1985) 

• Binky1234
    Binky1234 Community member Posts: 408 Pioneering
    Options
    @L_Volunteer just silly stuff like this bit for some reason my daughter in law thinks it's hilarious that I watch Harry Styles. 

https://youtu.be/xbFCkgL148Y

https://youtu.be/RbtOIKMMutc

https://youtu.be/78e3RTFfCXg

Knowing When to walk away is Wisdom, being able is courage, walking away with your head held high is dignity.
  • SBSpIMuleX
    SBSpIMuleX Scope Member Posts: 30 Connected
    Options
    im a 40 year old gay scope volunteer so im bound to life things others find emmbarrasing at my age, i love and have a serious man crush on the lovely harry styles i also love his music since he went off on his own, music wise also like the wanted, the wombats, lady winwoods maggott and mad dog mcrea, im also into buses and trains and carnivals and had been involved in somerset carnivals for 20 years till i stopped in 2019, tv wise at 40 i guess embarrasing would be antiques road trip, flog it, bargain hunt, hollyoaks, 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.