Check In — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Check In

Options
csno01
csno01 Community member Posts: 390 Pioneering
Hi,

How is everyone doing?

CSno01

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,697 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @csno01 it is nice to hear from you. I am not doing too badly, just nervous all the time about everything and struggling a bit but nothing new. What about you?
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,673 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @csno01 nice of you to ask, struggling big time with my eyes waiting for cataracts to be sorted, otherwise getting really fed up and bored as not getting out much.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• csno01
    Options
    Hi Woodbine,
    I am sorry to hear this. Have you tried some deep breathing exercises? Are also some really good audio guides which might be helpful. Do you listen to music much? 
    I am ok thank you. I recently bought a PS4 which I am happy about. I like my gaming  :-) 
    I hope you get your issues sorted @teddy bear. I am ok thank you. 
    I am sorry to hear that @Woodbine. How long have you been waiting?

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,673 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @csno01 thanks for that, lucky so far my optician has referred me to a private clinic where the work will be done but on the NHS hoping that it's all sorted before Christmas or early next year, to have it done at the hospital would be at least a 12 month waiting list.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @woodbine I only waited 3 months for mine doing through hospital was put as priority case by consultant tho 
  • csno01
    Options
    woodbine said:
    @csno01 thanks for that, lucky so far my optician has referred me to a private clinic where the work will be done but on the NHS hoping that it's all sorted before Christmas or early next year, to have it done at the hospital would be at least a 12 month waiting list.
    Ouch.

That is a long time @Woodbine.
    Glad to hear things are starting to move for you. 
  • csno01
    Options
    woodbine said:
    You might be better off going private as you get a theme to quicker. Best of luck. 
  • 1981VJ
    1981VJ Community member Posts: 30 Connected
    Options
    Hi CSno01 i am brand new here (I am the lady on the left of my picture)
    Looking to see if there are any topics related to dating here...struggled on mainstream sites (I am a non-disabled person) and I am open to dating someone with a disability. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My first eye was done realy quick I am blind in my right eye now as the cataract is dense now they won't do my eye now because of the cancer and the treatment I am haveing I have perfect vision in my left eye since I had the cataract operation 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.