Hi, my name is lell4! I currently have my fkat on the market i have seen a retirement home — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is lell4! I currently have my fkat on the market i have seen a retirement home

lell4 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited September 2022 in Housing and independent living
I currently have  my fkat on the market  i have seen a retirement  home i would like to buy j am disabled with health issue do i need to let dwp Esa support  know and get permission and would it affect  ny benefits i have autism and  learning disabilities 


  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Campaigns Posts: 12,462 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lell4 :) I'm sorry that no one's been able to answer your question yet. I'm sure another member with some personal experience of this will see your post soon!

    I had a look on the Citizens Advice website, and it says the following:
    Report a change of circumstances
    You need to report changes to your circumstances so you keep getting the right amount of Employment and Support Allowance (ESA).

    Your claim might be stopped or reduced if you do not report a change straight away.

    A change of circumstance can include:
    • starting or stopping work, education, training or an apprenticeship
    • moving house
    • changing your name
    • people moving into or out of the place you live (for example your partner or a child)
    • changes to the benefits you or anyone else in your house gets
    • changes to your pension, savings, investments or property
    • changes to other money you get (for example student loans or grants, sick pay or money you get from a charity)
    • changing your doctor
    • any changes to your medical condition or disability
    • going into hospital or a care home or sheltered accommodation
    • going abroad for any length of time
    • changes to your immigration status, if you’re not a British citizen
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

    Join our call for an equal future.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 9,767 Scope online community team
    Hello @lell4. How is the house sale going?

    Are you receiving any other benefits and do you know whether your ESA is income-related or has an income-related top up at all? 
    Community Manager


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.