PIP, OCD, and Regulation 4 2(A) — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP, OCD, and Regulation 4 2(A)

Options
Becky93
Becky93 Community member Posts: 57 Pioneering
edited September 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have recently just been awarded 0 points both in the decision and mandatory reconsideration of my PIP case. I am now gearing up to challenge this decision at tribunal. What I want to understand is how regulation 4 2(A) is scored related to the PIP indicators.

Regulation 4 2(A) in the PIP regulations relates to being able to complete tasks repeatedly and within a reasonable time period. For someone with OCD this is the crux of their entire case on the PIP indicators, as for example I can theoretically prepare and cook a meal perfectly well, but the knock on effect of hand washing and showering will mean it will take me like 4 hours to do so. So not only is not within a reasonable time period, it means you cannot do the task repeatedly either.

How is this actually scored on the PIP indicators though? My OCD directly affects my ability on over half of them, but none of the breakdown criteria for points on each indicator are really related to the time it takes you to do a task at all, despite it being in the regulations. So just how do they score you when your entire case is related to this?

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.