If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC back pay

Options
mandy70
mandy70 Community member Posts: 5 Listener

I'm looking for some advice please,I've been on UC for several years on lcw so have not had to provide fit notes. Last year my health conditions got worse so I asked for another assessment this was September and I filled out the forms in October. I didn't get an appointment for a assessment until 2 months ago and I got a note in my journal saying I had been awarded lcwwra last week. I received a note again yesterday saying I would receive the extra monthly amount in my next payment but unfortunately I wouldn't get any back pay. I just wanted to ask if I should question this as I did ask for the assessment last year and only had to wait for the appointment because they were busy,thank you.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,094 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you reported a change in your health condition by reporting a "change of circumstances" then you should receive the extra money from the assessment period in which you reported the changes. You can request a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) on your journal and tell them you disagree and it should be from when you reported the changes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mandy70
    Options
    I did yes. Thank you for your help.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @mandy70. It is the very least you deserve. If we can do anything else to support you please don't hesitate to let us know. We are all here for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • ccollo21
    ccollo21 Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    Options
    mandy70 said:
    I did yes. Thank you for your help.
    Hi mandy

im also doing MR for backpay currently. Have you had a response yet?
  • mandy70
    Options
    Hi no I'm still waiting,when I've asked they just keep saying it's with the decision makers still. 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @mandy70

So sorry to hear you are still waiting, hopefully it won't be too long 🤞 <3
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.