If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Called PIP

Options
Binky1234
Binky1234 Community member Posts: 446 Pioneering
I called PIP today at 9am just to ask a few questions and while I was talking to the very nice chap he looked at my further evidence that I sent and he commented on my letter from my Occupational therapist stating that my Fatigue was on the scale of 10 on the visual analog scale that was good. I then asked how he knew this was good and he said he used to be a decision maker and it would be more than his jobs worth to comment on my review but for what he could see was that the evidence provided is more than adequate so let's hope when my review finally gets looked at the DM agrees.

Although not holding breathe as I'm prepared for home visit or telephone assessment.

Anyway I thought it was unusual that who I got today when I called PIP used to be a DM as I thought it was a call center and they couldn't comment.

Again was told as my award ends next June not to expect anything till next year so I have a worry free few months until my review is looked at.

Anyway if I need to call again I will definitely be calling at 9am as I basically spoke to someone right away no holding for ages.
Knowing When to walk away is Wisdom, being able is courage, walking away with your head held high is dignity.

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,650 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for the update @Binky1234, well done on getting through at 9am, I've never managed that :) 

I'm glad that the call handler was nice :) I wish you the very best for your review.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Binky1234
    Options
    Thank you Ross_Scope just shocked that I spoke to a someone who used to be  DM as I was on the understanding it was a call center I called.
    Knowing When to walk away is Wisdom, being able is courage, walking away with your head held high is dignity.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,235 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes it is a call centre you ring but this doesn't mean they weren't a DM before that. They may also be telling you what you want to hear, which can happen sometimes.
    Binky1234 said:

Although not holding breathe as I'm prepared for home visit or telephone assessment.

They haven't done any home visits since before the pandemic and it's extremely unlikely they will start back again. Assessments are either by telephone, video call or face to face at an assessment centre.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Binky1234
    Options
    Thanks Poppy I did think that  as they commented on how neat my handwriting was and I replied thanks but its with the help of writing grips supplied via my OT and I used to write a lot neater. I did think it was a strange conversation tbh. 

Netherless he was a nice chap imo despite his reasons in telling me all he told me.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Glad to hear he was nice. I've never had any problems when i've rang in the past but i know some aren't always friendly.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Binky1234
    Options
    Update.
    Called PIP again as my nerves are getting the better of me and through experience I know I'm better acting on my feeling for my own mental health, otherwise my Crohns and fibromyalgia would play up and as I'm currently having a flare up, so by calling PIP I have at least put that worry out my mind.

I'm babbling on sorry...anyway when I spoke to Andy the gentleman on the other end of the line he said my PIP award review has been sent to a DM today and they will decide if further evidence or medical is needed.

Glad I phoned as I'm closer to finding out the decision. I'm expecting a medical tbh has my mobilty has got worse due to the pain I'm in although I have supplied supporting evidence from my OT, GP and rheumatologist as well as the aids my local council has fitted so fingers crossed just maybe this will be enough for paper based although I doubt it tbh but one can live in hope.

I'm just wondering now how long it will take now it is with the DM.

Sorry for the long post but I just need to get my feelings out my system, there feeling slightly better now.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Review forms are usually sent to a decision maker to decide if a decision can be made without sending it to the health assessment providers. Most files are sent to them and from their you will most likely need another assessment. There's huge backlogs of people waiting for review assessments because they are concentrating on new claims. For this reason you could be waiting inexcess of about 10 months.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.