On limited capability to work/Universal Credit, found work and change of circumstances, process?

Options
Excalibur123
Excalibur123 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
edited September 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi guys, Ive been on UC and limited capability to work due to anxiety and bipolar for 2 years, did not need to do anything fotr 2 years,  however I decided I want to work and may start a job soon, my question is do I just call in and explain this? or do I need to go through a process or something? 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Championing
    Options
    You simply report your employment status through Change of Circumstances on your UC journal.
  • Excalibur123
    Options
    So there is no need to get a Doctor's fit note to say am fit enough to work?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,308 Championing
    edited September 2022
    Options
    No. You’ve been found to have LCW and this doesn’t mean you cant work. 
  • Excalibur123
    Options
    But I get 2 payments , one LCW work related activity, and standard allowance. 
  • Excalibur123
    Options
    but i get 2 payments, standard allowance and LCW work related.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Championing
    Options
    Do you receive £354.28 on top of your standard allowance? If so this means you have LCWRA. 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Championing
    Options
    You can work. You’ll have a work allowance, £344 if you receive help with housing costs or £573 if you don’t receive any help with housing. This means you can earn this amount without any deductions and any further earnings will be deducted 55p for every £1 you earn.
  • Excalibur123
    Options
    Yes, LCWRA, 
    what do I do? call in jobcenter? do i need doctor approval?
  • Excalibur123
    Options
    So there is no need to go through process or anything? Its full time job. 40 hours week.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    As has been advised, you do not need anything from your GP saying you are fit for work. When you start working you need to report a change of circumstances on your journal.
    Any earnings received during your assessment period will affect the amount of UC you're entitled to.
    A certain amount of earnings you receive will be ignored because of the work allowance, as advised here.
    bg844 said:
    You can work. You’ll have a work allowance, £344 if you receive help with housing costs or £573 if you don’t receive any help with housing. This means you can earn this amount without any deductions and any further earnings will be deducted 55p for every £1 you earn.

Whether there's any entitlement to UC will depend on earnings received each month.
    People do work and continue to claim LCWRA, If the work you do contradicts the reasons why you're claiming LCWRA then it could go against you when you're next reviewed.
    However, if your conditions have improved you should report the changes.
  • Excalibur123
    Options
    \Thanks, its 40 hour job. I dont mind if earnings are effected.
    Do u get work allowance if your on LCWRA? 
  • Excalibur123
    Options
    Also if it doesnt work out at the job, for example I get a break down or anything else then do  I need to go through the process of getting LCWRA again or will get put me back straight away on LCWRA?

If I get my UC on a friday on the 16th this month and start job next Monday will earnings be effected from the day I start work or when I get paid?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    \Thanks, its 40 hour job. I dont mind if earnings are effected.
    Do u get work allowance if your on LCWRA? 

Yes, as has been advised a few times the work allowance will apply. How much it is will depend on whether you claim for help with any rent or not.
    bg844 said:

Also if it doesnt work out at the job, for example I get a break down or anything else then do  I need to go through the process of getting LCWRA again or will get put me back straight away on LCWRA?

That will depend on whether any earnings closes your UC. If your earnings reduce your UC to zero then a claim should close but since Covid they are keeping claims open for 6 months. If your claim reducing to zero and your claim closes then you can make a rapid reclaim and i think your LCWRA will still be valid.

If I get my UC on a friday on the 16th this month and start job next Monday will earnings be effected from the day I start work or when I get paid?
    UC is based on earnings received during your monthly assessment period. If you usually get paid UC on 16th then your assessment period will be 10th to 9th of each month. If you don't receive any earnings during that time you will receive your full UC payment as normal on 16th October. Future payments after that will be reduced.
    For example. If your earnings each month are £1,500 (net) You don't claim for help with any rent, if you're over 25 then your maximum UC entitlement before deductions is £689.19/month.
    £573 of your earnings are ignored because of the work allowance. £1,500 - £573 = £927 x 0.55= £509 (deductions)
    This would mean your UC payment would be £179.34/month plus your earnings.
    If you're under 25 then your UC would be £110.59/month plus your earnings.
    These earnings figures are obviously exmples, if you earn more then you will receive less UC, if you earn less, you will receive more UC.

• Excalibur123
    Options
    How can one be eligble for working allowance? if its full time job.
  • calcotti
    edited September 2022
    Options
    How can one be eligble for working allowance? if its full time job.
    If you have LCW or LCWRA or have children on the claim you automatically get the Work Allowance, as already advised.
  • Excalibur123
    Options
    I dont have children, How can I ask vfor working allowance?
  • Excalibur123
    Options
    By the way if u reportt u can work then does LCWRA payment stop? but not thr standard allowance.
  • calcotti
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I dont have children, How can I ask vfor working allowance?
    The Work Allowance is automatically applied to any earnings on your UC claim if you have been found to have LCW or LCWRA. You don’t request it.
    By the way if u reportt u can work then does LCWRA payment stop? but not thr standard allowance.
    As already advised several times you are allowed to work and still be treated as having LCW or LCWRA. However, if the work you do contradicts the reason you were found to have LCW or LCWRA then you might be reassessed.