Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

A poem called our new prime minister

Options
Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,549 Disability Gamechanger
edited September 2022 in Coffee lounge
A poem called our new  prime minister
Liz Trust was voted in by fellow Tory members
Liz's trust has been made the prime minister of our nation.
We all hold our breath to see the pressures that are heavily weighing on the minds of our elderly people and people with disabilities.
Now we wait in anticipation so whether Liz Trust, will rush to the aid of our elderly people and people with disabilities we need some relief.
So please hear the voices of our elderly people and people with disabilities who are not getting through those who have been responsibilities and are making our lives easier for people with disabilities and elderly people.
I just hope we are left behind again leave that elderly person and people with disabilities, who felt like we have been left in a quandary, which has left us in a bit of spin.
 I hope one day, really soon our elderly people and people with disabilities can live peaceful and happy lives with happiness and no stress, this would be so much progress from our goverement, don't just please use simple words which are so cheap and sep through the grasps and cracks and have kept being filled and papered over so have need really need someone to pay attention our needs of people with disabilities and elderly people I felt they have been left in the dark for so long and I hope this government can write their wrongs that have done with our elderly people and people with disabilities as well and dispel our fears for our elderly people and our people with disabilities once and all. 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,982 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this poem with us @Globster. Your writing is as wonderful as always. It is really powerful! If we can do anything to support you please don't hesitate to let us know  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,508 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It'll be interesting to see how it pans out @globster

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,549 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Tori_Scope
    It will definitely be something to keep our eye on. I just hope Liz trust does not forget people with disabilities and elderly people and working-class families with children too @Tori_Scope :)    

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,982 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hear you @Globster. I hope Liz Trust does not forget either  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.