Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is janetrobinson71! I need advice relating to my Pip mandatory reconsideration

Options
janetrobinson71
janetrobinson71 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi there,I need some advice relating to my Pip mandatory reconsideration .
I am late sending it off due to health reasons .
I had a review of my recent PIP was then told  by phone it was cancelled 10 mins late calling anyway ,the review was at 9am they call 9.10am .
The night before, due to the anxiety and the stress I had and the nervousness I had a suspected heart attack.  This was due to being interviewed  the next day I dreaded it ,as I have always been turned down for it .
And rebooked a fortnight later. 
I had the review,told by the assessor she awarded me full points ...only to be turned down and my award was for 10 years ,they whittled it down to just months left?

I am now suffering. 
I have told them this .
They treated me like a piece of excrement and I have made them aware of my feelings of utter contempt and disdain. 

I am not mobile,and as such,I have now lost my Treatment at My E.I.P.Teams ,which I vitally needed .

Now that I can't go out ,I have a carer too,but we don't get anything for this either, as a result of this,I split with him and now homeless .

I live with an EX partner, whom I have children to .
I cannot leave as  I Dare not live on my own.
Or go out either I suffered a foot injury in November 21 when I decided to go back to work, I was seriously injured . I stated this to them .
They turned my review down.

Any advice would be appreciated! 

Many thanks guys ! 

Georgia 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,976 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You have 13 months to request the MR but you will need to give a reason why you didn’t request it within the first month.
    If they don’t accept the last request then you can just proceed with the Tribunal.
    If you are within the 13 months then you will need to state where and why you think you should have scored those points. 
    Include a couple of real world incidents of exactly what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. 
    Adding information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.
    The most likely outcome of the MR is the decision will remain the same. If this happens then you can proceed with Tribunal. 
    I had the review,told by the assessor she awarded me full points ...only to be turned down and my award was for 10 years ,they whittled it down to just months left?
    May I ask if the assessor told you that during the assessment?
    You mention a 10 year award so did you report a worsening of health condition? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,508 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @janetrobinson71 :) Thank you for joining the community, and for being so open and honest in your first post here.

I can see that poppy123456 has responded to your regarding your benefits situation, which sounds very distressing. Please do get back to us on that if you feel able to.

If you feel you could benefit from some expert advice on your benefits situation, you could look on advicelocal.uk to see the support available in your area.
    Now that I can't go out ,I have a carer too,but we don't get anything for this either, as a result of this,I split with him and now homeless .

I live with an EX partner, whom I have children to .
    I cannot leave as  I Dare not live on my own.
    Are you currently homeless or is your previous carer homeless?

It must be challenging to live with your ex partner. How have you been finding that? 

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• Sue_Alumni
    Sue_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 485 Pioneering
    Options
    Good morning @janetrobinson71and welcome to the online community.  I am sorry that you are having such a difficult time with everything.  

As poppy says you can challenge a PIP decision by requesting a mandatory reconsideration even if you have missed the one month deadline.   You can explain that you are late in sending your Manadatory Reconsideration as you had a heart attack and could not process the form. 

Are you receiving a support or medical input following your heart attack? 

I note you say you have had to move in with your ex partner because you were made homeless. Are you able to share with me the circumstances giving rise to your homelessness and explain why you "dare not live on your own".  There are rules who a council must help in situations of homelessness and you may qualify for help from your council for  housing  

Are your children living with you ? 

If you need help with making the mandatory reconsideration or with contacting your council regarding housing I would suggest you contact your local citizens advice or welfare rights centre.I see that Tori has already given you the link to Advice Local so you can check what support is available in your area. 
    Online Community Adviser

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.