If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

As a matter of interest.............

Options
2»

Comments

• Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    I chose mine because I'm trying to spread a bit more positivity online nowadays.

I'm often the first to eye-roll at that sort of idea...but genuinely do believe seeing a cheerful picture can help with mood.  Especially on a site like this, that contains a lot of negative material by design.  (Health issues and benefits aren't chosen hobbies as with the subject matter on other forums)

And I think it does just that :)
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,432 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Mine is a cat I took on after his owner died, but only had him 12 months as he was ill. 
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    Sandy_123 said:
    Mine is a cat I took on after his owner died, but only had him 12 months as he was ill. 

Your story is a bittersweet one then.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I chose mine because i am in disguise ha ha 
    or is it because i am not that good with technology x
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you'd like us to talk you through changing your picture, just let us know @sueheath :) 

It's been nice to read everyone's explanations! Mine is my face edited onto a picture I found online. I originally changed it when we made our profile pictures Christmassy, but preferred it to my previous awkward selfie so decided to keep it :D 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,890 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Mine is a grinch statue i made for a collector friend, thought it was good enough to use as a username to, i like seeing the history behind what people pick
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.