Concern for Queens health

Options
Sandy_123
Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,945 Championing
The news has been covering this for a few hours so far. All her sons have gone to Balmoral, or travelling to. Including Prince William and Harry. Not looking good.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Championing
    Options
    I was just about to post about this too 

The Queen is under medical supervision and sounds concerning with family members all making their way to be with her fingers crossed for her recovery 
  • Wibbles
    Wibbles Community member Posts: 1,804 Trailblazing
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    I was just about to post about this too 

The Queen is under medical supervision and sounds concerning with family members all making their way to be with her fingers crossed for her recovery 

Sounds pretty final !

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 12,139 Championing
    Options
    Not looking good I'm afraid, they don't usually issue statements about her health unless she's in hospital, we can only hope these aren't her final days.

God Save The Queens.

2024 Election won

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Championing
    Options
    I don't support the monarchy but if these are the queen's last hours I pray she goes in peace with her family round her she has had  a good life 
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 5,022 Championing
    Options
    It isn't looking good at all and I wish her final moment are peaceful.

I do fear for the country after she passes. There is so much unrest politically, socially, economically, I fear this will push us over the edge. 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,945 Championing
    Options
    Yeah I agree not looking good. She's given 90% of her life serving. I've had news on 5 hours. 
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Trailblazing
    Options
    I`m not a fan of the monarchy at all, so I look on this as someone losing their mother, grandmother or aunt (I don`t know if she`s got any sisters).  My heart goes out to those about to lose a dear and close one.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Championing
    Options
    Biblioklept said
    I do fear for the country after she passes. There is so much unrest politically, socially, economically, I fear this will push us over the edge. 
    I don’t share those fears at all, and I’m risk averse generally.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cartini
    Options
    leeCal said:
    Biblioklept said
    I agree.  The queen is just a figurehead (I know she has constitutional "duties"), so the country won`t collapse just because she passes.

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Championing
    Options
    We have only just put tv on and heard all this news - what ever your feelings i still find it sad x
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 5,022 Championing
    Options
    Cartini said:
    leeCal said:
    Biblioklept said
    I agree.  The queen is just a figurehead (I know she has constitutional "duties"), so the country won`t collapse just because she passes.

My fear isn't that, it's more that there are growing numbers wanting rid of the monarchy, more that will feel the same or change opinion once we have a King rather than a Queen, and the ensuing arguments over that. I had a doctor's appointment today and there was a gentleman in there wearing a "Citizens not subjects #republic" t-shirt. I worry that argument is going to escalate, with the tensions and anger everyone is feeling already. 
    And when people are struggling to eat, the pomp and stuff that will be part of the mourning and the celebration and festivities of Charles taking reign, will not be met well.

I feel like the country is on edge of tearing itself apart as it is, as happens when people get hungry and struggle financially, something like this adds to tensions. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 12,139 Championing
    Options
    Huw Edwards is now reading the news in a black tie apparently BBC protocol at this point, and saying and I quote " We must prepare for the worst"

2024 Election won

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Championing
    Options
    God Save The Queen.
  • Cartini
    Options
    Cartini said:
    leeCal said:
    Biblioklept said

My fear isn't that, it's more that there are growing numbers wanting rid of the monarchy, more that will feel the same or change opinion once we have a King rather than a Queen, and the ensuing arguments over that. I had a doctor's appointment today and there was a gentleman in there wearing a "Citizens not subjects #republic" t-shirt. I worry that argument is going to escalate, with the tensions and anger everyones feeling already. 
    And when people are struggling to eat, the pomp and stuff that will be part of the mourning and the celebration and festivities of Charles taking reign, will not be met well.

I feel like the country is on edge of tearing itself apart as it is, as happens when people get hungry and struggle financially, something like this adds to tensions. 

The call for a republic is growing and I`m part of that call, but it won`t happen for a long, long time if ever.
    I think your worries over the "pomp and ceremony" at sending the queen off and bringing Charles in are a bit excessive.  Some people will kick off over it (I`m not in that camp), that`s unavoidable and some desperately poor people who revere the monarchy will enjoy the celebrations (nor am I in that camp either).
    I think you`re overthinking it, if you are a Royalist then wait and see what happens and enjoy the send off (if enjoy can be used in that context) and enjoy bringing Charles in.
  • Siwheels73
    Siwheels73 Scope Member Posts: 748 Empowering
    Options
    @Cartini, I would rather live in a lasting Monarchy, rather than a here today, gone tomorrow Republic. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Championing
    Options
    Just announced queen passed away this afternoon god bless her soul RIP
  • Siwheels73
    Siwheels73 Scope Member Posts: 748 Empowering
    Options
    OMG
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Championing
    Options
    God bless the Queen, RIP.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cartini
    Options
    @Cartini, I would rather live in a lasting Monarchy, rather than a here today, gone tomorrow Republic. 
    @Siwheels73, that`s your choice.  My choice is a republic with no monarchy.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,296 Championing
    Options
    Very sad! RIP.