Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Scope employment help

Options
Demiboy94
Demiboy94 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hey! Just signed up to get employment help from Scope. Has anyone found it useful?

I have ASD and dyscalculia and never been able to stick to a job. Also have depression and anxiety.

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,506 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Demiboy94 :) 

I may be biased, but I've heard good things! @Shuv27 may be able to tell you about their experience.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • Shuv27
    Shuv27 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Options
    @Demiboy94
    Firstly, I think it is very brave of you to talk of your challenges.  Me personally, I have MS so I have my own challenges. Just saying that so we are on an even basis.
    I have found the Support to Work Service tremendously useful.  Reasons for me saying so are as follows:
    1) My interactions with the outside world are limited, so just interacting with my advisor Isaac, is something I genuinely enjoy.
    2) Isaac has provided me with a step by step plan.  Every week he asks me to carry out certain tasks, and as I complete them, I know I'm one step closer to that job.
    3) My confidence has increased a lot, which means when the time comes for me to deal with my aforementioned interactions with the outside world, I will be able to do so. This is the reason I'm very grateful for the existence of Scope.

In conclusion, I must stress I am not a Scope employee.  I am merely a member of the Scope online community.  But I strongly believe I am in a better position to launch an entry into the employment market!
    And I spent the past 10 minutes typing about it, so I really do value Scope!

All the best,

@Shuv27

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.