If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Friendship

Options
ta_x
ta_x Community member Posts: 4 Listener
My nutritionalist is very smart, and reads books.  In my mind, she is my friend, and I have told her so.  We have never met in person, however it has been great to work with her.  Our working relationship is coming to an end, as we have reached the goals that we set.  We will both move on - and I wish her every happiness.  That is one problem with my disability. 

Schizophrenia x £= Time with intelligent and motivated people. 
Schizophrenia x £0= No time with people

Sorry if this seems a bit binary.  Be happy.  Keep it light hearted, and keep moving on.

Comments

• Leo_Aces
    Leo_Aces Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 104 Courageous
    Options
    Hey @ta_x, it can be quite common to form attachments with professionals who help us. This is due to the interest they show in our lives and wellbeing.  
    I’m really glad to hear that your nutritionist helped you and you were able to form a good working relationship 😊

♠️Community Volunteer Advisor ♠️

I’m a Speaker and Life Coach.

I have professional knowledge of Gender Identity & Sexuality  

I coach people with all abilities to guide them to realise their potential and feel empowered 

My background is Person Centred and Transactional therapy 

➡️Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.⬅️

• Jo_2022
    Jo_2022 Community Volunteer Host Posts: 297 Pioneering
    Options
    Good evening @ta_x! 👋🏻 A friendly welcome to you on the Scope online community! 

Ah my heart goes out to you. Yes sometimes people do naturally bond with their health care professionals. I hope you received all the support that you needed. 

You do sound slightly lonely. Have you ever thought of joining a telephone friendship service? Also, there are usually local social groups for people with mental health issues. Perhaps you might find it nice to join a social group?

How are you today? Have a lovely weekend! 💜 

Community Volunteer Host with a passion for human rights.

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.