Out of interest... — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Out of interest...

Options
Adrian_Scope
Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,022 Scope online community team
Do you ever browse through the unanswered posts on the community?

I'd be really interested in knowing the reasons why or why not (even if it's as simple as you not knowing the tag exists).
Community Manager
Scope

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have @Adrian_Scope mainly if i can't remember seeing the post 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,105 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Personally, I don't look at the 'unanswered' posts as previously I've found many tagged thus when in fact the query had already been answered by a member. Perhaps the 'unanswered' tag could be removed if this has happened. I tend to look through the recent discussions which I'm doing now to catch up as I haven't been on the community much due to doing so much in my 'new' garden.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great to see you back @chiarieds I also agree. Very difficult to work out who needs help etc.
  • Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Adrian_Scope, are you saying that some posts are actually marked "unanswered"? I've never noticed this. I sometimes reply to posts that I get notified about but mostly I'm too fatigued or in pain to participate in many threads. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't often look noticed sdmin and yourself have answered a few today maybe something admin and volunteer hosts and zevusers should take up 

Like others I did used to check but most seemed to have had a response they heed moving once resolved 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    chiarieds said:
    Personally, I don't look at the 'unanswered' posts as previously I've found many tagged thus when in fact the query had already been answered by a member. Perhaps the 'unanswered' tag could be removed if this has happened. I tend to look through the recent discussions which I'm doing now to catch up as I haven't been on the community much due to doing so much in my 'new' garden.
    How is the garden looking @chiarieds? Almost finished?

The team do try and remove them as quickly as possible, but you're right - for a variety of reasons, they've stacked up quite a bit in the past. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Oxonlady said:
    Hi @Adrian_Scope, are you saying that some posts are actually marked "unanswered"? I've never noticed this. I sometimes reply to posts that I get notified about but mostly I'm too fatigued or in pain to participate in many threads. 
    That's right - there are little tags attached to many discussions which help us further categorise the community, one of which is unanswered.

I know the team use these to filter the sorts of conversations we're seeing on the community, but I wondered if any of our members use them as well.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,105 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Eventually finished the garden just this morning @Adrian_Scope & I'm very pleased with it, thank you.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,801 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi ya Adrian, I used to look in unanswered section, but like most have already mentioned, they were always responded to. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Thank you all for the feedback, it's really helpful to us. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,625 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Nope.  Didn't know it existed in fairness, but I always just click 'Recent Discussions' to see the newest posts.  
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sometimes I check it and read the threads. They tend to be threads beyond my level of expertise though  :p
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.