Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Backdated

Options
1977young
1977young Community member Posts: 87 Listener
Good afternoon everyone i just wanted to aak i am waiting for my backdated payment but does anyone know how to calculate how much backdated i can get. My backdated goes back to October 2020 i will be getting standard daily living and enhanced mobility.  I am useless when i comes to calculating things. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Didn’t you start a new claim before the Tribunal decision was made? If so, I’m not sure how it works in your case, someone else may know.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • 1977young
    Options
    Yes but the case manager called me last week he said they have cancelled the new claim 
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    1977young said:
    Good afternoon everyone i just wanted to aak i am waiting for my backdated payment but does anyone know how to calculate how much backdated i can get. My backdated goes back to October 2020 i will be getting standard daily living and enhanced mobility.  I am useless when i comes to calculating things. 
    Hi,
    You should be able to get to this calculator:
    It`s straightforward; on the left you enter the date you started the claim and the date the backdate payment was to (it`s down as end date in the calculator).  On the right you select the award you have (it`s also straightforward).
    This will give you a very good idea; it won`t be exact, but it will be pretty close.
    Andy

• 1977young
    Options
    Oh wow thanks will give it a try now 
  • 1977young
    Options
    Thanks i did it but i put the end date as today because it wont allow me to go to 2024 
  • poppy123456
    edited September 2022
    Options
    1977young said:
    Thanks i did it but i put the end date as today because it wont allow me to go to 2024 

You don't want to put the end date of your PIP award because they won't owe you money up until that date. Once they pay what they owe there will be a cut off period which they will pay you up until. You will then receive your payment every 4 weeks going forward.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • 1977young
    Options
    Oh ok thanks it doesn't give option to leave the end date
  • Cartini
    edited September 2022
    Options
    1977young said:
    Oh ok thanks it doesn't give option to leave the end date
    If you put your claim start date in and then the date you received your first payment, that will give you an idea.  I can`t remember, and I don`t have my letter in front of me, but does it give a date range for your backdated money?  From your claim start date to xx/xx/xx - if it does, put those dates in.
  • 1977young
    Options
    Ok cause the end date they gave me was march this year 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    1977young said:
    Ok cause the end date they gave me was march this year 

Was that when you started a new claim? If so then this will be the reason why. Though you did say in a previous comment your award was until 2024.

• 1977young
    Options
    The thing doesn't let me go further than 2023 
  • Cartini
    edited September 2022
    Options
    1977young said:
    The thing doesn't let me go further than 2023 
    If you look at your award letter on page two, there will be a line that says "We will pay £xxxxx into your usual account on <date>.
    The next line says "this is money that we owe you from <date claim start> to <another date>.  These are the two dates you need to enter into the calculater.  <claim start date> goes in the start date box and <another date> does into the end date box.  That will give you an idea of how much you will receive. Your end date box can only be in 2022.
  • 1977young
    Options
    I haven't received my award letter yet i just wanted to see if i can get a idea of how much backdated i could get. I'm so sorry for the confusion 
  • Cartini
    Options
    1977young said:
    I haven't received my award letter yet i just wanted to see if i can get a idea of how much backdated i could get. I'm so sorry for the confusion 
    Oh, right - yes, I`m confusing you as well.  You wouldn`t need the calculator if you had the letter :# Sorry for that (I`ve had a long day). In that case in the start date box put the date you started  your claim.  In the end date box, put the date you found out you were going to get PIP.  This won`t be exact because you don`t know the end date, but it will give you a good idea.
  • 1977young
    Options
    Lol its ok, lol. Yes thats what i did and it came upto a big amount lol 
  • Cartini
    Options
    1977young said:
    Lol its ok, lol. Yes thats what i did and it came upto a big amount lol 
    :D No problem.

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    1977young said:
    Yes but the case manager called me last week he said they have cancelled the new claim 
    That’s excellent - and glad they have used some common sense.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • 1977young
    Options
    Lol... yes at least some common sense. Now just the waiting game for me to get the alert from my bank 
  • 1977young
    Options
    Good morning all, hope everyone is well. Just to update u i got a text from dwp this morning saying they have awarded me and to wait 2 weeks for award letter.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,505 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great, thanks for the update @1977young :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.