Early bird or night owl? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Early bird or night owl?

Options
leeCal
leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
― Dalai Lama XIV

Early bird or night owl? 14 votes

Early bird
21%
bg844Alex_Alumniemancherry33 3 votes
Night owl 🦉
78%
poppy123456leeCaleasyjaner1967chiariedsTori_ScopeSandy_123[Deleted User]L_Volunteer[Deleted User]SueHeath 11 votes

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Night owl 🦉
    I tend to sleep late and be up late, always have, but according to this article it’s actually bad for me 🙁

https://news.sky.com/story/early-bird-or-night-owl-how-your-sleep-cycle-puts-you-at-risk-of-heart-disease-and-diabetes-12701876

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Night owl 🦉
    Definitely night owl go to bed between midnight and 1am usually get up around 10 am 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Night owl 🦉
    I could stop awake all night if i wanted to, my brain works best of a night for my crosswords etc. i get over tired then can't sleep ha ha, but my body gets me up early.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,112 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Night owl 🦉
    Definitely a night owl now.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 174 Listener
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Night owl 🦉
    I stay up all night and go to sleep around 6am usually get up at 2pm, but I sometimes get insomnia. I watch YouTube Videos all night. I don't own a TV
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Early bird
    Bed at 10, up at 6 usually although earlier if I’m really struggling to sleep. Always been an early bird.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,697 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I didn't vote as I'm neither!!

I get up rather late - around 8am; and go to bed early - around 9pm!!!

In contrast to many people I worry that I am sleeping a bit too much but my Doctor says this is good for me and that if I am sleeping this much regularly, then my body (and mind) obviously needs the rest...
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,832 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Night owl 🦉
    Night owl definately 
  • Binky1234
    Binky1234 Community member Posts: 408 Pioneering
    Options
    I cannot really say one or another as I can go to bed for example at 5pm and not get up again till the following afternoon.

Not joking I have been known to sleep for 18 hours only to go back to bed within a 3 hour period thanks to fibromyalgia.

My fatigue  is bad when I'm having a flare up.
    Knowing When to walk away is Wisdom, being able is courage, walking away with your head held high is dignity.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Early bird
    I'm definitely more of an early bird! I struggle to stay awake beyond 9.30-10pm, and usually get up anywhere between 7-9am, when working anyway  :D  
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Night owl 🦉
    I stay up way too late and always tell myself i'm going to bed early but it never happens. I get up anytime from 7-8.30.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Night owl 🦉
    I'm definitely a night owl too :) 

If 8am is 'late', I dread to think of what you'd think about what time I wake up when left to my own devices @66Mustang :D 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,697 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Tori_Scope ha ha :) when I was struggling badly as a teenager I used to go to bed at around 4am and get up at around 2 in the afternoon so nothing would shock me!!
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Night owl 🦉
    66Mustang said:
    @Tori_Scope ha ha :) when I was struggling badly as a teenager I used to go to bed at around 4am and get up at around 2 in the afternoon so nothing would shock me!!
    That was my lads Mustang, but think it was more due to play on their xbox etc or clubbing - i would wake them up with a wet flannel or pull the hairs on their legs ha ha - i suppose that would be abuse now  :p but they still love me xx
  • elahrairah
    elahrairah Scope Member Posts: 49 Courageous
    Options
    Neither.  I was once a night owl, but over the last decade I have learned sleep hygeine and been put on mirtizipine. So I go to bed about ten-ish, read until the mirtizipine kicks in, and then sleep until mid morning.  I have always struggled with mornings, throughout school and then my whole working life it was a cause of stress and struggle for me.  My last job I eventually went part time and worked afternoons and my manager said that they got more work out of me than when I was working twice the hours!  People are supposed to be at their best at about 10.30am but for me I'm at my best about now.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Night owl 🦉
    Naturally, a night owl but work turns me into an early bird! I am allergic to mornings though  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.